Pacesetter L series Valve cover

DatJeepSun620

I have a pacesetter L series valve cover that i acquired a while back and want to see if anyone can give me more info on it. Its in great conditions never been on a motor just the cap is a little dented up. Ill post a couple pictures later when im on my home computer. I've only seen the old post on here from 2012 that someone was selling one for $600

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolness :)

I like the fins, and would run one.

Looks like a Kameari cover from Japan.

Here is their L6 version, and made for the North American market, hence the 'Datsun' logo.

Here is the L6 version: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e278155527

Never seen the 'Coonan' before.

Doubt if I would run it without machining the logo off.

Edited by G-Duax
4 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Come on Mike. Different is cool, and if there's no loss in functionality, so what?

I personally don't like the valve cover, but I would find a use for it.

Different is not always cool, sometimes it's just different for the sake of being different. I don't like it much either but I wouldn't find a use for it (I don't smoke)... I'd sell it for $600 so someone else could appreciate it more. Na meen?

• Like 1

I'd guess the '70s.

I would like to be stupid, and try a clear plastic one.....with LEDs inside that strobe in different colors.

If you sync.ed the strobe to the rpm, you could freeze the motion while running :)

Mike, after years of racing bikes, I kind of resemble a bent fork, especially in the morning.

Mike, after years of racing bikes, I kind of resemble a bent fork, especially in the morning.

Every morning I have to stretch before even trying to get up out of bed. I try to incorporate more stretching during the work day. I also had to 'let go' and ask people to lift heavy things into the trunk. Just keep moving. I see too many people shuffling along like they are made of glass. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
21 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Every morning I have to stretch before even trying to get up out of bed. I try to incorporate more stretching during the work day. I also had to 'let go' and ask people to lift heavy things into the trunk. Just keep moving. I see too many people shuffling along like they are made of glass. 

I'm beginning to know these feelings, that's why I'm trying to convince my nephew to get interested in helping me on the Blue car that's all apart one day. Make use of some of that young skin too so I don't get too beat up.

Edited by edekalil
22 hours ago, datzenmike said:

WTF ?