Cuz butthurt...now with added dickbees.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... to lunch but doesn't invite you along because your never tip. This is because I never find anything tip worthy to tip for and it also encourages the server to go back to school and get better employment.

You*

You're* As in, you're an asshole.

Who doesn't tip. Dick.

Tipping a lesser amount at least acknowledges that you noticed that they were there but did not do a good job.

If i am at a restaurant and service is starting to look like it's going downhill, I let the waiter know that I am not the one to be providing bad service to.

Shame.

My little sister waits tables. High end though. She pulled down 75k last year. And she's damned good with what she does.

• Like 1

... to lunch but doesn't invite you along because your never tip. This is because I never find anything tip worthy to tip for and it also encourages the server to go back to school and get better employment.

...maybe he or she is already going to school, like my son, goes to college pt and works pt. Depends on tip for his expenses cuz the wage,is not,much.
  • Like 1

I always tip. Sometimes normal. Sometimes poorly. Sometimes great.

Support single moms.

That’s the catch for me, my mom was a waitress my entire childhood so she’s what I base service on. If they’re in the Ma ballpark they get tipped very well, if better than Ma the tip is quite good. That said, I don’t tolerate shit service. If I feel ignored, the tip goes south. If my drink hits glass, tip goes south. Shitty attitude, shitty tip. I’ve had service bad enough to tell the server they’re not getting shit, only after the meal is done...cuz eating spit is gross.

• Like 2

http://www.businessinsider.com/rolls-royce-cullinan-pictures-details-specs-ultimate-luxury-suv-2018-5

The $325,0000 Rolls-Royce Cullinan has arrived and it's the ultimate luxury SUV

5af36484ab624819008b45ac-750-563.jpg

#buttugly and damned another automaker is putting another damned road tank on the market.....#butthurt 'cuz I hate road tanks.

BUT...V12, twin turbo.

That’s the catch for me, my mom was a waitress my entire childhood so she’s what I base service on. If they’re in the Ma ballpark they get tipped very well, if better than Ma the tip is quite good. That said, I don’t tolerate shit service. If I feel ignored, the tip goes south. If my drink hits glass, tip goes south. Shitty attitude, shitty tip. I’ve had service bad enough to tell the server they’re not getting shit, only after the meal is done...cuz eating spit is gross.

I always tipped accordingly to the services provided. It was only when I met my wife that I started rewarding good/great service. Wife is/was a tattoo artist.

I had my upper arm tattooed last summer. Big piece with a big bill. With that was a big tip because the art was amazing and the artist was great to hang out with.

A short time later, co-worker had his hand tattooed. He got what he paid for. Quality is besides the point. He went to go see that artist again for more work; guy brushed him off stating he was too booked to get to him anytime soon.

I asked him if he tipped the artist. "Hell yeah, I did. Gave him an extra $20." Um...$20 on a $200 dollar tattoo? I'd blow you off too.

Now...my artist is texting me asking when I'm going to be able to get back in her chair.

That's the kind of service tipping like a boss gets ya. I'll never have to fight for an appointment.

• Like 1

I usually tip but in the case of the tattoo artist you're already getting paid for your services and you expect more money for for completing a good to a satisfactory level? I don't get a tip for makeing a part under hours and with a greater quality. A good tattoo artist is already charging a greater amount of money because the quality is better, why do they need a tip too?

• Like 1

For me...the artist is under-charging.

Every one I have had tattoo me was this way.

And again, when it comes time to make an appointment...my artist's make time for me.

Last one...lady was on vacation...came in just for me...carried about the rest of her vacation.

That's why you tip.

Say you go back to an artist that had tattooed you before...and you stiffed them a tip from last time...how much do you think they'll really care about your art this time around. I promise you it will be less than before.

Remember...artist's in shops pay rent. It is normally 30-40% of the bill going to the shop owner. You may be paying $150 an hour; your artist don't get that. Most also buy their own supplies. Gloves, ink, tubes, needles, ointment, paper towels, razor blades, etc.

Your artist makes a lot less than one would think.

If paying for a meal and some good service is thrown in that impresses you then tip. If paying for a service like a tattoo, then tip not required. No one tips a lawyer for doing what he's paid for. No one tips the pilot for the great landing. Their skills (art) are paid for with their bill. Tipping a really good tattoo artist just trains them to move you to the front of the line, it doesn't improve their work. By all means tip if you are impressed with their work or the experience. 

I don't pay for tattoos for just the ink. I'm paying for the good time.

You're sitting there for hours with the person. They better be entertaining me.

If the (guy) was a dick or a total bore, tip affected.

Tipping may not effect the quality of their art(I believe it does) but it sure makes for a better all-around experience.

• Like 1

Agreed. The experience is everything. Waitresses can do the same. They have to be attentive and intuitive but TOTALLY unobtrusive. Asking me 5 times if everything is OK? when I was enjoying a mouthful gets NO tip.

• Like 1