mainer311

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, d.p said:

And I swear hotrodguy is using pile carpet now where he used some kind of long haired carpet for mine. 

"Loop" and "pile" carpets are both options. 

The steering wheel is a cheaper Grant. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Redesigned and printed a new steering column tach mount with provisions to capture the large turn signal wiring bundle. Also put a visor on the top to keep the tach light from reflecting off of the windshield at night.

V5JvBNn.jpg

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 4

I’m now the proud new papa of a (seized) L20b short block. Now, before anyone scoffs at it, this shit is rare for us east coast guys. I’m sure more of you west coast guys have about 4 of these sitting around in your living room, but around here, parts are hard to come by. Drove up into the mountains to get.

My plan is 86mm flat tops and a peanut head. Now who has a peanut head I can buy?

O6DG6sf.jpg

pg48Aqe.jpg

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, mainer311 said:

I’m now the proud new papa of a (seized) L20b short block. Now, before anyone scoffs at it, this shit is rare for us east coast guys. I’m sure more of you west coast guys have about 4 of these sitting around in your living room, but around here, parts are hard to come by. Drove up into the mountains to get.

My plan is 86mm flat tops and a peanut head. Now who has a peanut head I can buy?

O6DG6sf.jpg

pg48Aqe.jpg

Nice score.... flat tops and a peanut will be the perfect combo.... add a mild cam and you'll love it....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mainer311 said:

I’m also looking into the “long rod 2.1” frankenmotor with Z22E pistons and Z20E rods, bored to 87mm. Looks like I can run an open chamber head with that combo.

If you do I would think you’d want a 5 speed as well?  Does anyone prefer a four over five nowadays? 

• Like 1