Crashtd420

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, d.p said:

Oh and I got a spare heater core that I grabbed when I got that l20 if you want it.  Obviously I got not idea whether its any good or not but let me know if you want it my dude.  

Thanks but Wasnt that from a 510?

Are they even the same?

If I need to we can explore it more... as of now I'm hoping I'm good.... minus the fact of the slight leak my heater core is in really good shape for the age..... really hoping it's a simple fix, it would only leak under pressure which would amount to a couple drops after driving 30 minutes.....

• Like 1

I'll have to figure that out.... 

Never posted to YouTube....

I have some old videos I posted before from the first startup of the motor, but I could only add a link not embed it.....

I ran it off on a dyno to be safe.....

I also have one with open headers... sounded awesome but really loud....

Edited by Crashtd420
  • Like 1

Fix the shifter so you can sit properly and reach it without leaning forward. Bend it in a vice using a pipe.

86 RWHP is about 100 at the engine. I think it will do better.

Was that the fair/fuel ratio in the top right?  Still slightly rich which won't hurt the engine but will drop the numbers slightly and waste fuel when 'giving er'. Course this may not be a factor when having fun.

Get some more miles on it. Compression will go up and it will loosen up as well.   

Mike that's an old video.... just posted as a YouTube test for brother's and to compare to next Friday....

The seat isnt even bolted down in that video, hell I didn't even have working brakes.. only the ebrake...

I couldn't see the tv screen that's why you see me leaning forward like that... 

After that I chopped 4 inches out of the seat bracket and now the seating position and reach to the shifter is perfect..... and I got a new shifter now due to the 5spd swap...

As far as it running yes that was the air/fuel on the top right and I believe also in the center of the screen..... 

If you look at the end of the video you can the see the air/fuel results from the pull is kind of erratic and low in the middle,  I think 10 the lowest the dyno would read..... 

On that day I was running almost 7psi of fuel pressure.... way to much.... 

After I even had problems restarting because I was fouling the plugs due the the extra pressure.. I brought that down to 3 psi, also i have done a ton of tuning on the carb since.... motor now has about 4800 miles on it..... 

• Like 1

Well life has a funny way about it.... just worked my last day today after 18yrs... damn company split the manufacturing up in our shop and sent half the company to Ohio, which was the division I worked for.... 

Not all sad i got money to leave and I've had a new job lined up for a month now, which I start in 1 week,  so on to the next chapter in life....

Now I have the rest of today to work on the datsun....

Valve lash getting checked and heater core reinstalled is on today's list of things to do..... 

• Like 2

I'm not sure if I should be happy or not the heater core went in so easy this time.... 

I guess third times a charm... hopefully that's 100% fixed now.... 

Valve lash wasnt bad, still tweaked them just slightly so they are all perfect for friday.... 

20190930-120734.jpg

Just need to put together a tool kit for Friday and I think that's it..... 

Friday   -     dyno......

Saturday -  clean and wash 

Sunday  -   car show..

Monday  -  new job ...

Should be a good weekend.....