Kiznooks Latest Project

Many of you have probably started to wonder where I've been, I think my post per day dropped from 15 to .3 :eek:

Long story short, my girlfriend and I decided this summer that we wanted to get a couple of old schwinn style beach cruisers. As her birthday was coming up, I decided it would be the perfect surprise. She had her dream all figured out, so it was just a matter of finding a bike and going to town.

Here's the pictures from the original Craigslist ad:

CLschwinn1.jpg

CLschwinn2.jpg

After bringing it home, I ran the serial number to find the build date (Thanks Schwinn) came up as September 13, 1962 probably late in the day as the numbers range 230509-233751 and this one is 233609. Funny part is I looked that up on like september 10th, so it had a birthday coming up, and a new life.

Before:

P1000813.jpg

P1000814.jpg

P1000812.jpg

This was cool it had several bicycle permits on the seat tube, top one being 1971-72. All of them looked to be for the City of Corvallis, local bike, kinda cool

P1000833.jpg

Bought a donor bike at wal-mart. Probably wasn't the best idea, but lots of parts for little $$

P1000837.jpg

torn apart

P1000836.jpg

After that it looks like I forgot to take pictures, guess I was busy working on it. Here's one of her taking delivery, I'll try to get some more today

414c541c.jpg

AND Last but not least, I had to build something for myself to ride, and happened to have an old Columbia frame sitting around that had at one point actually been part of a sculpture. Did a mild chop to the rear to drop it a bit and give it an overall better stance. Threw some parts on and it's good to go!

RATSUN STYLE!!

bb933c5e.jpg

0a46cdc8.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice dude, I had a schwinn like that when I was a kid, my grandpa's farm had a quite a few of them laying around from when my aunts were younger. I sprayed some WD-40 on that mutha and rode it around the farm. Those bikes are how I got my start in mechanics and fabricating.

Thanks guys!

oh man, guy went hipster portlander! lmao

guy, shoudla asked me, i have a pimp black and white schwin spitfire from back in teh day. probably woulda given it to ya.

I'll build it. That would be awesome. I'd hate to say it but I think I like building these more than cars. Might be just cuz it's easier.

I love bikes! More than cars? I don't know. Bike are a lot cheaper! A LOT Cheaper!

My bike is a 1973 Sanki Sprint. it's a total rip off of a Pugeot Px-10. Yeah, it's converted to a fixed gear. It's not spiritual, just fun.The orange bike is my beater, and I recently put some old three speed bars. It' a lot more comfortable.

IMG_0500.jpg

100_0015.jpg

This is the bike at the end of a solo trip from Portland to San Francisco FIXED!