Problem with Compression or Timing on High Compression L20b causing pinging

510SSS

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ok flatty catty its not me vs. you calm my friend, i'm sure mine would smoke yours in a straight line or twistys anyways, I actually took my time building it... :ninja: Help me out or gtfo of my thread, save the shittalk for you're psychologist. :poke: Anyways, ya I'll check with my mechanic today about the exact distributor part number to make the collective happy lol. Anyways, thanks for all the advice datto friends.

22100-????? is all I need for ID what the distributor was off of originally, but it's an L20B dizzy if it has the matchbox. It will run. The module is another story. There were two numbers. You need E12-80.

You couldn't smoke pole in a straight line. You'd drop two cylinders by the end of the block.

You came here for help. Many people are here, helping you.

You need to help them by doing your part.

Noob.

Post pictures and answer questions clearly.

An put this in the back of your mind...all these people helping you, myself included, fixed/fix our own cars.

• Like 2

A picture might show a plug wire off  :lol:  or something not mentioned or seen by you that could be the problem.

You say pre ignition problem, so we have to take your word that this is your problem. I take into account that you or your mechanic could be mistaken and carefully ask other questions and read all replies for clues. We're on page 7!!!!!!!! and no closer really. Diagnosing means eliminating causes of illness or problems and moving on to the next. Go back and look up all questions and offered suggestions and put an answer after them. If nothing, say nothing was done so there are no assumptions. Elimination is the name of the game.

Borrow an E12-80 module. The improvement will be immediate or not at all. 

Valve lash? Tight intake valve???

Haha Flatcat try to start shit, (I see right through you as a false person already), smoke pole? that's some faggot ass drama inframmatory shit to say (and Stoff accuses me of creating drama??? are you reading what is before you're eyes or are you looking to the left always??? hahaha  :rofl:  in you're face drama filled haters!!!!!

-Anyways I move on and get things done instead of talking crap, so back to the TOPIC. Yes I already have a E12-80 module on an L20b distributor already installed, I am thinking it may need to be re-curved at Rebello because of my high lift cam. I try'd using another E12-80 module I had and the misfire problem is still consistent, talk to you guys when I have more information about the problem. Talk to you guys when I can get some some Datsun Car Forum information and hopefully not hateful BS, DNC style, lol. :yawn:

-Extra thanks to Datzenmike, racerx, Lockleaf, scooter, etc, etc. for helping me to get my Datsun running ("what this forum is all about") without adding in divisionary infammatory bullshit that is completely childish and unnecessary to come with it. Do not use other's as an outlet for you're own personal inadequacies and lack of independent self confidence as a human, this means you flatty catty. B) lmfao

This is at least twice where something was suggested and you haven't said it was tried. Maybe I missed it but the last I heard you said you had an E12-92(93?) in it.

High lift can has little to do with it. Unless the valve lash is too tight. Can't see re-curving the distributor except to improve the up to 3-4K range. By then all the centrifugal advance is in and should be about 32-34???  Someone will know. Put a timing light on and rev it up. If too high turn the initial timing back or limit the mechanical advance to this amount.

The beauty of recurving the distributor is that you can set the mechanical advance to bring the timing in wherever you want. Removing one spring allows it to advance quicker, but the shorter slots limit how much.

32 is where I'd set the total timing. I think 36 is too much. Hell, 32 may be too much, depending on variables.

I'm not saying you're creating the drama. I'm just suggesting that you acquiesce and drop it. It's boring.

Sorry Mike, I miss typed when I read you're explanation, I do not have an EFI distributor the E12-83, Both of my Distributors, including the one that had 2 modules go out in a row, were all E12-80's from a 1979 Datsun 620 (Just to Clear things up). Ok I will start from the beginning again, I will see if my valve lash is too tight and throw a timing light on it to check for precise mechanical advance, haven't been able to do that yet because of work.

Oh damn stoff is pulling out the big words acquiesce, thesaurus bombed me ouch... well in the words of Captain Barbarossa "I refuse to acquiesce you're request" - "It means no" - if you think the thread about me fixing my datto is boring, A go somewhere else that isin't "boring to you" B stop posting in my thread C notice that flatcat is the one who started insulting me for no reason, when i'm just trying to get advice on my car, hence the purpose of this forum so stfu go drink some more haterade you're boring me. :rofl:

Btw, thanks to all the advice from people who don't feel the need integrate bullshit along with their words of wisdom, have a nice evening.. :thumbup:

Notice...flatcat was the very first person to jump on your thread to offer help.

My "insult" to you was meant to rattle you up to get out of your "spend more, make nothing happen" funk.

Thicken up. If I was in your garage while this was going on I'd be jibbin' ya there too.

• Like 3

If you're bored good riddance Stoff, Id rather be interested in my projects, you go be interested in your own, especially if you are not into being constructive. :sleep:

Anyways, I will try to post up some pics of the Engine bay and Spark Plug color maybe then you guys can help me determine if it's really running too rich or lean, When  get a chance to (working all the time) + datto is my only car, thats why im trying to fix it..., it's gonna be my daily someday. I hope. Thanks for all you're kind words everyone, I will go back through all of you're suggestions and try to zero in on the problem the best I can and will report back to you guys. Thanks to all who have helped, you're comments really helped stimulate my thought process.

Dude you are purposefully alienating some of the most helpful people on this forum with all this BS.

Cut the crap, fix the car. Keep up the crap, attract the trolls, lose the help, thread goes to hell, car pings til it blows.

• Like 4