Finally back... Dapper Lighting 575

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 710 with the most common 4 lamp set up. The 521/510/610/620/A10/710 all use them. Rather than answer every combination maybe it can be done with just a few.

So my question is how much in $US for the projector set up for halogen? and how much for the HID?

Also...

What bulbs do they use? Are they off the shelf NAPA replaceable?

Do the hi/low beams (outer ones) switch up and down like in the video?

• Like 1

Huge difference in the housings, I'm curious about the light output with the same bulbs.

These are some old photos with a slightly different version "new" 575 projector but this should give you an idea. These photos are using 5K 35W HIDs.

Here

I'd like to see the difference between the $250 setup and the $350 setup

The $250 setup uses halogen bulbs, $350 uses HIDs. HIDs are about 2.5x brighter. Don't have any photos at the moment.

I have a 710 with the most common 4 lamp set up. The 521/510/610/620/A10/710 all use them. Rather than answer every combination maybe it can be done with just a few.

So my question is how much in $US for the projector set up for halogen? and how much for the HID?

Also...

What bulbs do they use? Are they off the shelf NAPA replaceable?

Do the hi/low beams (outer ones) switch up and down like in the video?

The halogen setup is ~$250, HID setup is ~$350. We are ONLY selling single beam units right now so you get a set of low beam and a set of high beam. We include a relay harness that will activate all 4 headlamps to come on at once on high beam. Most vehicles shut off the low beam when you activate high beam.

The halogen bulbs are H11 bulbs which can be purchased at any auto parts store. The HIDs are generic style H11 which is available at any aftermarket lighting shop.

We won't have bi-xenon (high/low on a single projector) for 4-5 months.

250$ to irritate the fuck out of the people I'll be driving behind..

I do like being able to see.. hmmm

You won't irritate anyone. We'll be at the good guys show in pleasenton in March if you want to stop by. You can stare right into the middle of the projector and not blind yourself so long as you're under the cutoff line. We're the ones fixing that problem.

• Like 3

I wish they used D2S bulbs.

So are the projectors tuned for HID or Halogen bulbs? Or do you have two different bowls?

There's a number of factors that go into these decisions:

1. We're moving towards modular systems (especially LED). There isn't a modular D2S projector out there (too much money to develop one)

2. These are DOT approved as a halogen bulb. (If we got a D2S system DOT approved, we'd also have to use DOT HID kits which would cost more than the kit itself)

3. These are halogen tuned projectors. For 99% of our customers, HIDs will work fine in these units and will be way brighter/safer than stock. Since we're moving to LED eventually, we're not pursuing HID upgrades beyond these units.

4. It's a balance of quality and price. Our first run were more price than quality, these are more balanced. The market share is too small for guys who want super high end kits (since they'll end up building it themselves).

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have questions or suggestions.

• Like 3

Does the bulb/projector housing seal to the 5.75" lens body?  The v1's didn't, and the bulb/projector housing had play (pivoted) about the screw connection on the v1.  Those were my biggest concerns with the v1's, but I have to admit, mine are all still sitting in boxes after 2 years as I haven't had a big enough chunk of free time with space to install them :(  That said, I like the smooth chrome/reflector look of the v1's better than the new ones.

• Like 2

Does the bulb/projector housing seal to the 5.75" lens body? The v1's didn't, and the bulb/projector housing had play (pivoted) about the screw connection on the v1. Those were my biggest concerns with the v1's, but I have to admit, mine are all still sitting in boxes after 2 years as I haven't had a big enough chunk of free time with space to install them :( That said, I like the smooth chrome/reflector look of the v1's better than the new ones.

Mine are still in the boxes too. :lol: we put the pro in procrastinate.

• Like 3

I wish they used D2S bulbs.

So are the projectors tuned for HID or Halogen bulbs? Or do you have two different bowls?

Yeah, me too, I love it when people come into NAPA and they got the factory HID lights in their cars.  Oh yeah, that'll be $99.  Thanks!  :D

I spend way less than that. Morimoto bulbs online. Any color I want, and about as bright as the philips/osram bulbs, just less life, but at way cheaper prices. I think I spent $50 for a pair on the BMW. That coupled with over driven factory ballasts results in my lights being brighter than almost any car on the street.

• Like 1

Is that the halo?

How about without the halo?

That's with the modern halo. Without the halo here.

Still working on pics of chromes and classic halos. ETA probably a week or two.

The new version most definitely has a more crisp beam which is nice.

Yeah it's a much nicer projector

Does the bulb/projector housing seal to the 5.75" lens body?  The v1's didn't, and the bulb/projector housing had play (pivoted) about the screw connection on the v1.  Those were my biggest concerns with the v1's, but I have to admit, mine are all still sitting in boxes after 2 years as I haven't had a big enough chunk of free time with space to install them :(  That said, I like the smooth chrome/reflector look of the v1's better than the new ones.

They are bolted in and sealed properly. We've been testing them through pretty hard rain and haven't had any condensation or water.

You guys should get full credit back for those.

He already said they were junk. Just better looking than his new ones.

I didn't say they were junk lol. The new ones are just better. We can only do some kind of upgrade value for you guys. (You're better off selling them on ebay though if you want the new ones).