Finally back... Dapper Lighting 575

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever manage to get the pictures of the chrome housing?

Nope still working on it :(

Why do you need a different projector for the LED?

If you go with the LED bulb, we use two cut off shields to control the light output (otherwise it's all over the place)

Pros: Cheap, bright, low draw. Cons: More exposed to the elements, not legal technically.

If you go with the LED projector, you swap out the entire projector for our sealed LED projector unit.

Pros: Sealed unit, street legal, cool factor  Cons: expensive. Back of the projector is slightly wider than the regular one.

If you go with the LED bulb, we use two cut off shields to control the light output (otherwise it's all over the place)

Pros: Cheap, bright, low draw. Cons: More exposed to the elements, not legal technically.

If you go with the LED projector, you swap out the entire projector for our sealed LED projector unit.

Pros: Sealed unit, street legal, cool factor Cons: expensive. Back of the projector is slightly wider than the regular one.

I saw this

These lamps are modular meaning when we release our fancy LED projectors, you can buy an upgrade kit and swap over to a fully sealed LED unit yourself in less than 5 mins.

And now what you're saying is confusing me. How much more expensive would the led upgrade be? And how soon would it be released?

I saw this

And now what you're saying is confusing me. How much more expensive would the led upgrade be? And how soon would it be released?

There's two types of led upgrades that will be available:

LED Bulb (bulb inserts into a projector) ~$100 per pair (ETA Aug/Sept)

LED Projector (all in one unit) ~ $200 for a pair (only available in low beam ATM) (ETA Aug/Sept)

Sorry if it's confusing. I'm still trying to work out some terminology that makes sense.

All I have received so far is an email saying that my order has been confirmed or some such... receipt for payment at least. Couldn't afford 2 sets of hids, might get them later depending on light output from the halogens

that being said I have just received an email to make sure I was buying 2 full sets and that I didn't need to order two sets for one vehicle

Definitely good customer service right there

• Like 1

Sorry for the late response guys! I've been in meetings all morning.

The cut off for 25% is end of Feb. In March it drops to 10%

PS you can always use any brand HID kit (yes even the $30 kits). Just need an H11 adapter. Our wiring harnesses will be compatible with all aftermarket HID kits.

Appreciate the order Hobospyder. We'll get chrome pics posted up and if you decide you want to modify your order, not a problem! Just let any of my guys know and they'll take care of you.

Thanks!!

Ben

• Like 1