Need Engine up grade in WA state

76 fastback

Just read b2fresh post I'm looking for opposition's just like he is on my 76 b210 hatchback. Just moved back to WA state after spending twelve years in Missouri (eleven years to long). Can't say as I know what the skinny is on inspections here are. With that I'm in the same boat, want to upgrade this creeder but with what? Straight froward drop in or badass upgrade. Bottom line- it's all realitive to time and money, but at the end of the day I want to drive the shit out of this car.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A very small amount of research on this forum or Google will give you a list of the most common engine swaps and their advantages. But short list, Z, KA, CA, SR, and on the outside, VG.

EDIT: out of respect for the powers that be, an L20b should also be included in this list.

• Like 1

So, no emissions testing for anything that's 07 and older here in Washington state, sweet. Been Checking on possible options for engine swaps. I like the SR20DET a lot but at the end of the day it still not going to cut it. I'm going with a 6.2L Chevy LS. It will take longer but worth it when the hood's closed. Time to start sourcing part's.

This will make the car less enjoyable to drive. Great for 1/4 miles. Heavy in the front, difficult to steer with a tendency to break the tires loose into over steer when cornering. Rough on tires and brakes. Need upgraded driveshaft and rear differential and suspension....but mostly brakes to get this abortion stopped.  

One of my lasting Nissan favorites, but rarely seen, is the E series as in E16 Sentra or Pulsar engine. I built a few of these back in the 90's for racing guys and one for a street guy and they can make a ton of HP, plus they bolt to A series transmissions. The distributor out the back of the head has to be dealt with, but what a screamer.

• Like 2

Looking for something to drop right in. If I have modifie then I will just bite the bullet and put in the LS platform. But if there's something out there that I can pull from this and put in that then it will definitely stave off the LS. I know this sounds bad but I'm not a inport Guy and I don't know what's out there.