Slammy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in Finland they don't drink and drive

I wish that was the case :D

Well your right i would like to have a cupholder in my car but when im watching the tv it seems like to most important thing in a car is the cupholder for you. Well its just TV maybe it exaggerates like everything else :rolleyes:

Looking good Slammy:)

A Ratsun skull would be cool in the carpet on the trans tunnel:cool:

And you are so neat with your welder you should sign your work with it someplace. Years later you can say "Ya I did that" and then show them where your sign is:fu:

HAHA well i do it to the guys over at S10forum, i was always posting pics of the datsun and they wanted to see the s10 im building aswell. So now im gonna post pics of the s10 here hahah If thats ok of course!

These are the lower links for the 3 link for the s10 frame thats on my chassis table. Nothing is welded, just a mockup. My machinist dropped the tubes off as i was walking out the door so tom i will start putting them together.

l_2e978f7676ef45a5ac2c63e61eb3c76c.jpg

l_49da65b2fff94ee9bb22d8aac0782526.jpg

l_42cf6d78f1bf45fea1b15f7b0d917932.jpg

l_7da1c8fd5b93402aa09010c39d19d0ef.jpg

Dude Slammy! Those holes are even beveled!!! You sir are a badass.

Hey if someone were to want some custom z'd partial front framerails, with Model A type horns on the front end, for say, a 1959 Datsun, and sent you the measurements and specs and perhapse even a scale drawing, would you fab them up for a price? Just ol skool dreamin here!

can i say ssssaaawwwweeeeeeeetttt.....very nice fab work, lovin the hidden bag bolt, also lovin the beveled edges on the inserts, very nice work!!!!:D

Dude Slammy! Those holes are even beveled!!! You sir are a badass.

Hey if someone were to want some custom z'd partial front framerails, with Model A type horns on the front end, for say, a 1959 Datsun, and sent you the measurements and specs and perhapse even a scale drawing, would you fab them up for a price? Just ol skool dreamin here!

yea the beveling was the crown jewel, how to figure out how to do it was fun too.

Send me a drawing of what ya want and ill take a look at it.

slammy@charter.net

Looking great as normal. I really like the work bench, that's such a good idea. It always sucks being hunched over working on the lower half of the rig. It makes me want to build one.

Looking great as normal. I really like the work bench, that's such a good idea. It always sucks being hunched over working on the lower half of the rig. It makes me want to build one.

talking about the chassis table? That thing was a mofo to build because im so anal and i wanted it to perfectly square and level. It has been awesome so far, im scared of people that build frames on the garage floor YIKES!

Im scared of people that build frames on the garage floor YIKES!

That's funny. When my dad built his workshop, he made sure that a section of the floor was perfectly flat, just for that very reason. Worked great for his '28 Ford project.

The progress on the truck is very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress.

Yea i know it can be done, but that requires ALOT of leveling and measuring to keep it all square and true and we know how alot of garage guys are! haha Hell i had fun making sure this table was level before i welded it. And then once i was happy with it, i figured once i started welding on it that it would go to shit. I was alittle concerned about it but it turned out pretty damn true. haha

Hey Slammy,

Do you happen to know of any other shopz out here in California that can produce the type of work you do. 5 star work my friend.:D

there is also twisted minis he was on ratsun while he built a 521

• 3 weeks later...
I was skiming the thread and I didnt see any one ask, but why did you guys choose to set the motor so far back in the bay? I dont know much about this kind of stuff and I was just curious.

This pic reminds me of driving my old jobs Van.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/100/l_868b28529caf432884ac537ebfbd5e24.jpg

Numerous reasons. Let me think of some.

First one was because the front clip was narrowed, the motor had to be set back to clear the steering box

Second was cause it helped with exhaust clearance. I only have 1 tube per side thats kinda far forward over the upper control arm.

Third, was hood clearance. The futher back you go themore hood clearance you have.

Fourth was for cooling. I wanted plenty of room for radiator, fans, accessories and etc

Fifth, and this was a big one to me, was getting the motor weight behind the front axle centerline. The truck doesnt have power steering so i didnt want it having a bunch of weight hanging over the front end making it feel front heavy which would make it hard to steer.

I dont see how you could get a v8 in one these without cutting the hell out of it. The engine bay is tiny and so is the tranny tunnel.