1978 datsun 620 kingcab project -bags and v8 swap

Slammy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since stuffing a v8 into a tiny truck wasnt hard enough i decided to make it an even tighter fit!! haha

Actually there is a reason for the madness. Since we put dropped spindles on, it pushed the wheel out as always. The tire cleared the fender by 1/8" which isnt enough at all. narrowing the control arms wasnt a good idea since anyone who knows nissans knows they have short ass control arms to begin with. So i decided the best thing to do would be to narrow the whole clip more than i needed which would allow me to run longer control arms. This would get the control arm away from the bag and mount plus get more lift as a bonus. Clip was narrowed 4" total.

l_b38762335c3e4a3cb774101bb9a0cda7.jpg

l_63681c17a47147768fb1d0b7c9ee0db0.jpg

l_9d01d1c030fc48078084f1af166a0207.jpg

Edited by Slammy

Remember boys and girls...safety first!:lol:

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

I have seen other Datsuns with V8s in em...I am sure that with all the gussets and the beefing you are doing it will only be that much stronger!:cool:

Bring on the pics!:D

Keep up the great work man!

• 3 weeks later...
Got a question for you guys, whatcha think about this datsun frame holding up to that v8? 400hp 350 chevy. Im alittle concerned its gonna twist the hell out of it and i know he isnt gonna be easy on it! haha I was kinda leaning toward puting motor plates in it.
i had a v8 620 datsun and the frames are very strong there stronger then the s10 the datsun frames have more bracing structures the only way this will twist is bad weld or the motor not mounted corectly and even all the way back for driveline i used a chevy driveline and cut the ass end off and the ass end of the datsun slid right in and welded up i use the stock datsun rearend as for the mount of the motor i used a corvette front mount like in the old 63 vettes i had to make custom headers to make the exhust work and its a tight fit buy the sterring shaft
  • 4 weeks later...