Help me get my 510 on the road

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My suggestion, stop putting money into it until it is titled under your name! 

If possible, find a company that does DMV Registrations and have them handle the paperwork. Might cost a bit, but, you will save yourself the hassle and time. 

I do. Mostly I see the hideous ideas of what looks cool to the owner. Can't go wrong with stock steelies with caps or covers. Optional factory mag rims are even cooler. Not as good if from another year or model but points for keeping it Nissan. 

• Like 1

I have the steelies still with 6 hub caps. I don't like steelies unless they are clean with a thick white wall. So I rather have the wheels. The Toyota wheels are temporary because the tires are better then the factory 13's

Thanks banzai, I got it running flushed the tank and lines cleaned the carb new fuel filter, oil change, plugs wires cap and rotor. Runs a lot better but if I can't get it running where I feel comfortable driving it farther distances I might sell the the motor and trans and put in a Ka from a 240 in it, but if all goes well I just plan on dropping it fix the few holes in the floor brake overhaul then drive it.

Very true, idk who would buy one haha, but my friend has 2 extra Ka with trans laying around and I would love to keep it original it's just Iam worried about how reliable it would be on longer distance driving and highway speeds. Iam having a kid soon and I want this car to be a pretty solid runner so we can take it on small trips and such.

Some of these folks are clearly unhappy grammar school teachers.

A forum by definition is a meeting place to exchange and discuss ideas. If you can't be understood clearly there's going to be mistakes made. I understand the odd spelling or miss keying errors but using cell phone text short cuts and lack of punctuation is just... wrong. You want help... communicate your needs clearly, it helps everyone. Not a grammar Nazis but some minimum effort should be put into all posts outside of Insomniacs.

If it's a good motor it will be reliable... I have seen l16s with around 100 compression and a mariachi band in the timing case make it from sac. California to canby Oregon and back, and not being babied by any means,

a ka if done thoroughly can be great but depending on condition and price you get it for can get pricey

A forum by definition is a meeting place to exchange and discuss ideas. If you can't be understood clearly there's going to be mistakes made. I understand the odd spelling or miss keying errors but using cell phone text short cuts and lack of punctuation is just... wrong. You want help... communicate your needs clearly, it helps everyone. Not a grammar Nazis but some minimum effort should be put into all posts outside of Insomniacs.

Iam sorry but everyone that commented on this thread knows exactly what kind of car I have and exactly what I was asking for so I feel like sitting on my phone proof reading everything and making sure every sentence is written correctly so you guys don't give me static is a waste of time. Iam not trying to be rude here but I made my post, I have a 72 510 that I was asking if anyone knows diffrent ways to get a title, in my situation.. So even with my spelling errors, run on sentences, and bad grammar I got my point across.

To everyone else, thank you for the warm ratsun welcomes. I love this car and look forward to meeting and learning more about these cars from you.

You can put '72 510 in your profile so it shows with every post. With better punctuation/grammar/spelling etc. you might have gotten even more replies. It's isn't a waste of time....just sayin'.

I've stepped into there a few times. Never posted in it, just poked around. I always felt dirty and cheap afterwords and in need of a shower at minimum.

At first I was all LIKE this post, but....

... then I UNLIKE it

...and LIKE this bettah.

Imagine how you'd feel if you actually posted.