• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s like a handful of people that run stock hitachis. My 80 720 with an L16 had a brand new Weber and it was a piece of shit

Mine has a vacuum leak so it doesn’t idle down and likes to sweat into the fuel bowl because it sits for months at a time... other than that, if it doesn’t sit, it starts first crank every time

Mine was all fucked up, bent linkages, you had to pump the throttle to accelerate. I rebuilt it twice but it never worked correctly. When I put on the SUs, I thought something was wrong with them until I realized I was subconsciously pumping the throttle.

I have an Hitachi but it wasn't without problems. Now it's squared away and works great and gets 33/34 US MPG on long trips. Replaced the 97 primary with a 112 (mileage went up) and I have 4.11 gears and 5 speed. I have a pair of flattops and K12 intake but never got around to doing anything with them. They still have the choke cables on them that were cut with bolt cutters in some yard in Japan when the engine they were on was pulled..

• Like 1

^that’s exactly how mine were. One of those cables nearly put my eye out. I was lifting them off the floor and one choke cable caught on the carpet, as it came free it swung up and cut my eyeball from one side to the other straight across the middle. The dr said I was damn lucky, a cunthair deeper and my nickname would’ve been one eye.