• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh but there's more!, they made the spin-off or whatever called fear the walking dead.....shit this one is even dumber.....3 seasons now.....wait.....looking it up.......ok.....2nd season just ended and those morons are still wondering around WITH NO FUCKING WEAPONS.....good god!

• Like 1

lots of people love Walking Dead - not my thing. just too violent for me. also, all the players seem to somehow retain the over-the-top personalities of the graphic novel characters that are fine on print but don't endear them to the viewer (well, me at least) in live action. I like to think humanity wouldn't fall back into such primitive violence so quickly after the absence of technology but who knows. also, the Abraham Ford character reminds me too much of John DiMaggio, the actor who voices Bender the robot. His "suck my nuts!" line to Negan seemed really close to "bite my shiny metal ass!".

futurama-20100621030237380.jpg

• Like 2

lots of people love Walking Dead - not my thing. just too violent for me. also, all the players seem to somehow retain the over-the-top personalities of the graphic novel characters that are fine on print but don't endear them to the viewer (well, me at least) in live action. I like to think humanity wouldn't fall back into such primitive violence so quickly after the absence of technology but who knows. also, the Abraham Ford character reminds me too much of John DiMaggio, the actor who voices Bender the robot. His "suck my nuts!" line to Negan seemed really close to "bite my shiny metal ass!".

futurama-20100621030237380.jpg

Holy shit dude. Look around. Shit goes out of control. I'm not going to claim I know how long, but if the military is no longer paid, and the Police aren't paid, their role will be assumed. And the fuckers that do, do it regionally, and the nice don't prevail.

Holy shit dude. Look around. Shit goes out of control. I'm not going to claim I know how long, but if the military is no longer paid, and the Police aren't paid, their role will be assumed. And the fuckers that do, do it regionally, and the nice don't prevail.

I just don't buy that such a massive decrease in population would lead to such a massive increase in the violence so rapidly.

I take it you have never read "Lord of the Flies"

read it and watched it. pre-teen boys reverting to pre-historic caveman-type violence when no adults are around...? yeah, I can buy that. I raised three boys - that's a given. they do that.

I just don't buy into that fact that (with a few exceptions) every other group the Rick Grimes' party runs into are all harboring dark murderous secrets or ruled by murders who hold them completely under sway.

it is a dark, graphic novel brought to life. it retains a lot of the outlandish elements you expect from the comics but for me the producers just didn't adapt them all that well to live action. to me it's like they wanted to reproduce the comics in live action but stay 100% true to the dramatic overkill that is necessary to tell the story in just a few frames on a few pages. it's an artistic direction that I don't care for.

• Like 1

Oh but there's more!, they made the spin-off or whatever called fear the walking dead.....shit this one is even dumber.....3 seasons now.....wait.....looking it up.......ok.....2nd season just ended and those morons are still wondering around WITH NO FUCKING WEAPONS.....good god!

You seem to know a lot about a show you dislike so much... I will agree ftwd is crap but it's just to hold twd fans over when seasons end, I heard ftwd is supposed to tie into twd and some point. Oh and they do have weapons just not heavily armed, ftwd group is finally starting to get the hang of things
  • Like 1

I just don't buy that such a massive decrease in population would lead to such a massive increase in the violence so rapidly.

It's a fact.. our civilization is only 3 meals away from anarchy.

civ·il

ˈsiv(ə)l/

adjective

adjective: civil

•  

of or relating to ordinary citizens and their concerns, as distinct from military or ecclesiastical matters.

"civil aviation"

courteous and polite.

"we tried to be civil to him"

Civilization forces/allows large groups to go farther through cooperation. It's loss and with it, it's laws and enforcement and we naturally revert to our feral eat or be eaten, and only the strong survive. Go hungry some time and watch your family starve and you'd be surprised what you are capable of.

I started watching TWD on Netflix but it didn't grab me. Not saying if crappy or not because I didn't see enough to make any decisions about it. Personally I hate shows like Lost, Prison Break and  Heroes. Just when you get to liking a character they throw in some prequel shit info and the hero becomes the villain. It's an exhausting plot twist tornado. It's almost like the Vietnam War... there was no plan to win. It's such a bullshit style and I only suspect TWD will be no different.

Four years this fall since I stopped watching TV and only watch the odd Netflix movies. Co-workers roll their eyes at the shit I don't get but you can't miss what you don't have. Less than 10 min of NEWS a day to follow the wildly entertaining elections.... but I see right through it. Hell I grew up on 50s and 60s television and old movies...

Now they make new movies in old black and white
With happy endings, where nobody fights
So if you find yourself in that nostalgic rage
Honey, jump right up and show your age....

I wish I had a pencil thin mustache
The "Boston Blackie" kind
A two toned Ricky Ricardo jacket
And an autographed picture of Andy Devine
I remember bein' buck-toothed and skinny
Writin' fan letters to Sky's niece Penny

Oh I wish I had a pencil thin mustache
Then I could solve some mysteries too

Then it's Bandstand, Disneyland, growin' up fast
Drinkin' on a fake I.D.
Yeah, and Rama of the jungle was everyone's Bawana
But only jazz musicians were smokin' marijuana
Yeah, I wish I had a pencil thin mustache
Then I could solve some mysteries too............................................ JB
  • Like 2

You seem to know a lot about a show you dislike so much... I will agree ftwd is crap but it's just to hold twd fans over when seasons end, I heard ftwd is supposed to tie into twd and some point. Oh and they do have weapons just not heavily armed, ftwd group is finally starting to get the hang of things

Yeah its adicting and i watch both, however my comments stand, both are so stupid they're entertaining.

Well this is some "aliens" guy levels of entertaining bullshit, but I was amused so it gets posted.

https://pepethefrogfaith.wordpress.com/

I'll admit to being a meme freak going all the way back to this guy:

1538135.jpg

but pepe.....? he was just this green frog head that, as far as I could tell, didn't mean a damned thing. the early versions of him were very crudely illustrated and usually accompanied by some lame caption like, "you have been visited by rare pepe" yada yada yada......

for that particular, innocuous, neutral, boring, Third World-ish meme to wind up being associated the alt-right is just insane. it's like you wake up one day and everyone is telling you how Ziggy is now the cartoon face of ISIS.