INSMNCS: John Cain

So my 87 year old Aunt died and her wake was Sunday............

Here is the 67 Buick Skylark she had owned since ,,,,,,,,,,,,, it rolled outta fuckin Detroit .

DSCN0341.jpg

DSCN0342.jpg

She always had a big toothy smile and an ice cold beer in her hand

So what's the next destination for the old bird?

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Her only living sister ( my mom died) is going to put it up for sale through a broker in Beaverton Or and ask $6000.  i think they said dealer is getting 10% .  ... So before it goes to the broker on Wednesday,, you could get it for 10% less if you Jewed them and had CASH

My dad loves it and could easily buy it ,, but it was ordered without power steering and he is 84 himself,,, and i don't have the money,,, or a big enough garage to give it the home it would deserve.

Year she bought it at my parents house.

IMG_2863.jpg

• Like 6

Her only living sister ( my mom died) is going to put it up for sale through a broker in Beaverton Or and ask $6000. i think they said dealer is getting 10% . ... So before it goes to the broker on Wednesday,, you could get it for 10% less if you Jewed them and had CASH

My dad loves it and could easily buy it ,, but it was ordered without power steering and he is 84 himself,,, and i don't have the money,,, or a big enough garage to give it the home it would deserve.

Year she bought it at my parents house.

IMG_2863.jpg

I don't know you could get a land yacht like that without power steering, but those are the days of what ever you want we'll order it.
  • Like 3

IMG_2863.jpg

she wanted the vinyl top & skirts on a post car (and added curb feelers) but requested the power steering delete? the lady had style, knew her cars and knew how she wanted it set up. the post was lighter than the hardtop and deleting that god-awful, road-isolating full-time power steering also gave her some extra horsepower as well as a better feel of the road.

if you tell me it's a split bench + a column shift I may just have to pleasure myself to the image of your auntie frustrating the hell out of some dejected Buick salesman as he's telling her he's got starving kids to feed and she's taking the fluffer nutter and tang right out of their Ivory soap washed faces even as they bend the rabbit ears on the Dumont to get a better look at the flying nun's tits.

P.S. Was her beer of choice Oly? maybe Falstaff? wait. don't answer that. if the answer is "yes" to either than I will be saddened to learn that such a divine creature no longer dwells amongst the living.

• Like 3

My dad loves it and could easily buy it ,, but it was ordered without power steering and he is 84 himself,,,

Tell go dad to buy it and tell him that you will be his driver anytime he wants to go for a drive, cause well it should stay in the family.

• Like 2

And if hilarious Clinton wins.....we leave the country?

Sometimes I think he's part of her campaign.  She wins, I bury things I don't want confiscated in the back yard and wait out her presidency.  Trump wins (which I think is still nigh impossible), I vote we build that wall he wants at the border.  The Northern Texas border.  

• Like 1

Sometimes I think he's part of her campaign. She wins, I bury things I don't want confiscated in the back yard and wait out her presidency. Trump wins (which I think is still nigh impossible), I vote we build that wall he wants at the border. The Northern Texas border.

So that means the taxans can't get out either....great!

she wanted the vinyl top & skirts on a post car (and added curb feelers) but requested the power steering delete? the lady had style, knew her cars and knew how she wanted it set up. the post was lighter than the hardtop and deleting that god-awful, road-isolating full-time power steering also gave her some extra horsepower as well as a better feel of the road.

if you tell me it's a split bench + a column shift I may just have to pleasure myself to the image of your auntie frustrating the hell out of some dejected Buick salesman as he's telling her he's got starving kids to feed and she's taking the fluffer nutter and tang right out of their Ivory soap washed faces even as they bend the rabbit ears on the Dumont to get a better look at the flying nun's tits.

P.S. Was her beer of choice Oly? maybe Falstaff? wait. don't answer that. if the answer is "yes" to either than I will be saddened to learn that such a divine creature no longer dwells amongst the living.

The top is just 2-tone paint from factory not vinyl.

Miller genuine draft,,,, usually in a can .

Not an over drinker ,, like all the decedents of my dads side of the family ,,, but she would drink almost any adult beverage if offered to her.

She was married when the car was bought, so my uncle probably picked the options,,  but he passed in the early 80s. 

Little red label says "do not forget"  meaning check the oil because it hardly ever got driven ,, it was on there as long as i can ever remember.

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

Looks like someone left their seat belt hanging out the door at least once. :D

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0370.jpg

• Like 4

The top is just 2-tone paint from factory not vinyl.

Miller genuine draft,,,, usually in a can .

Not an over drinker ,, like all the decedents of my dads side of the family ,,, but she would drink almost any adult beverage if offered to her.

She was married when the car was bought, so my uncle probably picked the options,,  but he passed in the early 80s. 

Little red label says "do not forget"  meaning check the oil because it hardly ever got driven ,, it was on there as long as i can ever remember.

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

Looks like someone left their seat belt hanging out the door at least once. :D

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0370.jpg

fucking gorgeous. those Buick steering wheels of that era were automotive sculpture. I see a knob for a fresh air vent at the top of the passenger kick panel. I didn't think a higher dollar brand like Buick would have those as late as '67 but there they are. I stumbled on one within a year or two of yours about twenty-five years ago. It had snuck down here from Canada and had a factory Chevrolet straight six and powerglide in it.

• Like 2