Skibs granny S130

Skib

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a loaded dyno it pulled a 110 HP and 156 TQ lol

Right here you can see where the stock exhaust and original (clogging) cat just choke the shit out of the engine.

I already knew it had shit flow but that confirms it.

13082498_10207915310818480_7198481256431

all and all I got exactly what I wanted, nice 100% stock baseline to compare to after Im done with mods.

• Like 4

Seems like an intercooler and a better exhaust would really wake that thing up? 

Yeah just having some good exhaust would make a big difference.

I was going over the sheet with owner of the shop (guy running the dyno) and the first thing he asked me

was if it was the stock/original exhaust and cat, I knew it flowed bad already and he could tell just from the sheet.

The stock exhaust starts off well at 2.5in but as it goes back it gets crush bent and drops diameter in places so its really not great flow.

Thats why you can see where the red circle is at, it starts to fall on its face 4-4.5k RPM because the exhaust just cant flow enough.

Even removing the 35 year old cat would make a numbers difference, its starting to clog up.

Which is the biggest flow culprit at the moment. 

Ill be going to a full 3in from the down pipe back fairly soon.

• Like 2

Ill be doing an intercooler, exhaust, 5 speed, moar boost and possibly a Z31 ecu/upped injectors and then running it again.
thats prob about as far as Ill take this drivetrain since I plan on keeping it as the daily and it gets driven all over the state.

• Like 1

MegaSquirt..... do it!

Start with an intercooler and exhaust.  I haven't seen anyone run an S130 rear crossmember with an exhaust pass through like the 510.... just sayin...

• 3 weeks later...

That zx has to be my favorite steering wheel. I have one on both my 710s because they are such a comfortable improvement. Thicker and padded for nice grip and center horn button so you don't have to hunt on the spokes while turning through an intersection. Also handy spoke thumb buttons for every when else.  

• 2 weeks later...