69 510 2door revival

jnec510

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to sell it for quite some time but no takers. It did not have a title. So it became a parts car. At least it's parts are helping to keep other 510s on the road.

:D Couple of bits and pieces came to help my car. May end up taking a few more parts of that car soon too.

And yeah, after it got cleaned up some, the car doesn't look all that bad.

They're studs, and they all have a funky buldge to them that fits inside the bushings and tapers that fit to the body. You'll have to get them from a donor or see if they're still available through nissan.

yup

unlikely you will find it anywhere else but another donor car.

Bolt is tapered

might i ask why you droped the motor in without doing the engine compartment i see rust in there not sure if its just surface or not but i think i personally would have delt with it while the motor was out just a quick run with a rust wheel and some rattle can but looking good man good to know another will be on the road soon

002-1.jpg

Do you have a complete bolt? Maybe you could get some made, they don't look super complicated. Some lathe time, a die for threads and a grinder for the heads.

Looks like they are designed to take 'a lot' of side loads at the body.

So, I don't think I'd use a regular bolt with a shaped spacer, but that would be the easiest way.

Edit: just noticed they are different. How many varieties are there?

Weird ass stuff those engineers come up with :P

got alot done today. i took my 4door to storage:(. started really tearing into the 2 door got seats mounted(eagle talon seats)

69003.jpg

finished the engine bay

69004.jpg

69005.jpg

put a rear suspension in(stole from the 68)

69001.jpg

mounted my nice wheels

69002.jpg

69015.jpg

installed my l16/longtail 4 speed (by myself. always fun)

69006.jpg

69007.jpg

69008.jpg

69009.jpg

69010.jpg

69014.jpg

69016.jpg

69015.jpg

now i got to pull the seats back out an seal the floor an patc 2 holes. an i can put my interior in. gettn real close:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! wasn't there a guy trying to off a 4x4 without a title? Anybody got a titled wagon they'd want to part with for a good cause? I don't think I'd want to take it quite as tall as the yellow one though. Hmmm... I do have a suzuki sidekick that could donate running gear that would be a better choice.