Snake pit - rhino built

Rhino13

I'm a subie fan. My wife's daily is a saab 92x (badge engineered impreza wagon). While I don't play heavily with it, it is lowered a couple inches and rolling on 18s. It's a great car.

If you didn't know, the Forester is the same chassis/floorpan as the impreza and outback sport, so toys are highly available for when you start vaping :).

Oh, it was me talking about owning a boring daily. It was over in fisch's thread about buying a new car. Boring daily took me years to figure out, but it's amazing how much it's helped my hobby fund.

• Like 2
  • Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a subie fan. My wife's daily is a saab 92x (badge engineered impreza wagon). While I don't play heavily with it, it is lowered a couple inches and rolling on 18s. It's a great car.

If you didn't know, the Forester is the same chassis/floorpan as the impreza and outback sport, so toys are highly available for when you start vaping :).

Oh, it was me talking about owning a boring daily. It was over in fisch's thread about buying a new car. Boring daily took me years to figure out, but it's amazing how much it's helped my hobby fund.

One of my good friends back on Michigan had the Saab 92x aero with the turbo, that was a fun car! I'm not looking to get anything with the turbo because my insurance will go up and I don't need something crazy fast to daily drive.

Yes! That is where I saw it, thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1

Yeah, my saab is a linear. It's a 2.5RS basically. No turbo. She would love to upgrade to an aero, but not in the cards financially.

20161027_184531_RichtoneHDR_zpsncdowkig.

Just barely put on these rims/tires. Subaru tribeca 18x8, plastidipped matte black.

• Like 2

Well because I'm new to the crediting world I got denied on the loan. My dad offered to cosign but I want to do it on my own eventually so I'm going to save a majority of my money and just buy a decent hardbody to get me around until my credit is good enough.

On a HUGE plus side, my girlfriend and I were looking at new rental houses recently but decided to postpone looking due to holidays and us going on a trip in late January. Well 5 days ago we decided to look for fun and I came across a listing that sounded great but had no pictures, so the next day after work we looked at the house and the day after that we gave our 30 days notice and he accepted us!! We have to wait until January 13th, but it has a 2 car garage so I will finally be able to start tearing the 720 down once I find the hardbody I want! The house is also double the size and only $150 more, but the main thing for me is that it has a huge garage!!!!

• Like 2

When I was trying to build credit early on, I took out the largest signature loan my bank would give me. I put that money in a bank account and simply used the large majority of that money to pay the monthly payments on that loan. I spent maybe 10%, the rest just payed itself back over 3 years or so.

Additionally, credit score is earned in a variety of categories which are added together to give you your score. The credit card category is scored highest when you have 2 credit cards (and those are your only cards) that maintain 50% of their limit (or are maxed out and payed off competely each month). The amount doesn't matter, just the percent.

If you don't have any credit cards, get a couple of $500 credit cards. Use one for all your gasoline, use one for all your food. Pay them off at the end of each month.

There are also now companies you can pay your rent through that will report to credit agencies, so just paying rent builds your credit.

• Like 2

Get a credit card through your bank. Put a low limit on it.. like 1 or 2k so you don't get in trouble. Even if you have 0 balance they report it as being paid every month, on time.

Don't get more than like 2 cards though. No need. You will just get in trouble.

• Like 2

Get a credit card through your bank. Put a low limit on it.. like 1 or 2k so you don't get in trouble. Even if you have 0 balance they report it as being paid every month, on time.

Don't get more than like 2 cards though. No need. You will just get in trouble.

I got a $500, that's all they'd give me since I've never had any loans or anything in my name. Never really had a job I was comfortable enough to finally do it.

BUT I am going to look at 2 different hardbodys tomorrow. A red 5 speed with and a black auto. Both have a little over 200k but look like they're in great shape. I think I'm going to pick up a compression gauge before I go to make sure they're not horrible.

• Like 1

Well the guy with the auto sent me a text saying he sold it half way through my work day, after telling me I had dibs also which is just how awesome Craigslist is. Then I went and saw the 5 speed and (no offense to anyone) but he didn't speak much English so it was very hard to communicate if it had any prior issues and what work had been done since he got it. But after about 2 minutes he just handed me the key, waved, and walked inside. So I popped the hood and checked the oil, it looked a tiny bit opaque so I wiped it off and it came back out clean so I started it from dead cold and let it warm up. It had a really quiet tick that just sounded like valve clatter but then it ran perfect. It was pretty cold out so it was hard to tell if it smoked yet. He came back out and we communicated that I wanted to test drive it so he let me go, and honestly it drove perfect, shifted perfect, rode really smooth no weird noises, radio and heat work. But then we got back, it wasn't smoking at all, but the oil was milky :( so I had to walk away, but now I know I want one for sure!

• Like 2

Contacted a few more people last night and heard back from 2 guys this morning. Only went and saw one but I ended up picking it up for $1500! It was a guy in his late 50s from Beirut, one of the nicest people I've ever met. He bought it off of an old couple that towed it behind their motor home (reason for reflective tape on tailgate) for most of its life and their son was a Nissan mechanic who offered to do a tune up for a couple hundred right after he purchased it. He daily drove it for 2 years from Fall Creek to Eugene everyday and never had an issue other than the starter going out 6 months ago. So we dropped my truck off and I hopped in to give him a ride home. We got out to his place about 40 minutes later, his driveway is the picture. He had an old toyota he asked if I would look at because the mixture was way off, turned it down and it ran way better so he took me to the top of the mountain by his house that's a little secret camping spot of his. We came back down, signed the papers, and I was on my way. It runs and shifts really well, oil was a tad dark but no smoke or gas smell so it should be good for a while.

I'll take some better pictures of the truck tomorrow, here's his driveway

20161228_161336_HDR_zpsblif9wur.jpg

And the top of the mountain

20161228_154849_HDR_zpsalkmg7m7.jpg

Anyway, it was a really randomly interesting experience but overall a good day picking up a truck!

• Like 4