My First Project- 68 4 door

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Best not to have a stereo in car. Just a basic am/FM radio  TRUST ME. this will get your window smashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for the rocker arm lash I just see if it wiggles. if wiggles then crank motor over so you can ck the others if wiggles then you know you don't have a tight rocker and go to the next phase of trouble shooting.

one can ck also while its running by pulling the spark plug wire and see if it changes(runs rough) then you know you have a spark or compression issue( most like a lash pad falls off)

• Like 2

Best not to have a stereo in car. Just a basic am/FM radio  TRUST ME. this will get your window smashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for the rocker arm lash I just see if it wiggles. if wiggles then crank motor over so you can ck the others if wiggles then you know you don't have a tight rocker and go to the next phase of trouble shooting.

one can ck also while its running by pulling the spark plug wire and see if it changes(runs rough) then you know you have a spark or compression issue( most like a lash pad falls off)

I'm Definitely taking that risk! Cause it just makes my rides so much better. But, my amp is hidden and so is my sub. I don't have a compression issue, already check 160 psi. The "second gear" bogging has been me mis shifting into 3rd.

Still bogging? Cloooooosure please

Embarrased to say but I wasn't used to tight shifting on 5 speed, vs. 4 speed so I WAS MISHIFTING THIS WHOLE TIME INTO 4TH

• Like 1

Your car running yet :poke:

Soon. Undercoated the wheel wells today, putting the suspension back in tomorrow. I was shooting to have the engine in my the end of the year.

That's why he's driving his friend's :fu:  :lol:

I was helping him with some electrical issues. I barely fit in a stock 510 with the tall ass seats.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

20160110_081137_zpsd6lpjh1f.jpgremoved matter from my car to put on a spoiler and fender mirrors. Took me like 2 hrs in the cold :crying: .Talk about dedication for datsuns right?  Made it to my first show in my car, and handles great on the freeway :thumbup: 

Just a little loud and think I'm gonna put a muffler on the back like a very little restrictive straight through muffler.

Yeah that's right I grew out of loud exhausts in about 2 months of driving this thing hahaa  :lol:  

still need to put on some nice black bumper over-riders to complete the badass combo I have going on..........just saying :rofl:

20160110_081129_zps482fnilm.jpg

oh look there i am

20160110_081121_zpsskhkrqlx.jpg

sorry for such shitty pictures, will take more sharp ones tomorrrow

• Like 2

Where'd you get the fender mirrors? .. I need some that stick straight up like that for a 710... it almost looks like you put them on the wrong side, if they're pointing in

I adjusted them like that, they got adjustable screws.

Generic ones off eBay from ZCarDepot

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z-510-JDM-Style-Fender-Mirror-Pair-Racing-Mirrors-/321968999177?vxp=mtr

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Reupholstering in the shop right now, had to buy front and rear windshield seals. My car doesn't have any cancer so I'm confident with covering up my floor boards and interior metal with pimpness now. Next steps are to finish my turbo manifold and buy a new turbo. Well, get a job again first off..

• Like 1