gm related tomfoolery

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously chevysrule83 didn't drink the Kool-aid. Do you type that kind of stuff in front of your Datsun? I'll bet your two big gm half tons bully your little 620... and you don't do anything about it.  This kind of emotional abandonment leaves dents on a truck's insides. Any more of this and I'm calling Datsun Protective Services.

Always remember chevysrule83, When you're ready to talk about this, we're here for you. Aren't we guys?

• Like 1

I was really hoping he would compare it to just 2wd take off, if that's possible.

Anyway, here's my favorite one the first 8 second GT-R. At the end some of the guys involved in the build get the wrinkles taken out of their faces. Some of the looks are priceless.

I want Ivan's job!!!

• Like 1

now thats some serious flow right there . 2 inch into 6 inch ! 

Rednecks are great (on Youtube. Nothing like watching a pickup truck that still has six and half years of payments left get air born and endo. Insurance adjuster sees it and says "Dam, should of had an ignition interlock")

• Like 2

Sports car..  Two door, standard transmission or auto paddle shift, two seater, cabriolet optional. Should be low to the ground, 'tuned' suspension and at least front disc brakes, Better than one HP for every ten pound of vehicle weight, IRS is nice ... but, storage space behind seats... trunk not required,

• Like 1

Behold!

IMG_5387_1.JPG

Standard features include two doors (theoretically, as only two actually operate), standard tranny (Asian tranny dressed as schoolgirl is an extra-cost option), two (bench) seats, nice and low with precision-tuned bogeys, and a single disc brake. This 1,000 slab of pure automotive perfection features a 120-horsepower air-cooled two-stroke Wisconsin 4-1/2 cylinder diesel. Easily enough storage space for two, maybe three dead bodies... possibly more if you don't mind things getting messy. Shitty, haphazard build quality is built right in.

I'm planning on a full production run for 2015. Watch your ass, Corvette!

• Like 1

I don't know... they're still running pushrod engines and transverse-mount leaf springs. Embracing current technology has never really been GM's thing. GM Technology seems to fall into two categories- hilariously outdated or barely past beta testing.

That transverse leaf spring has been used for almost a hundred years and has almost no downside for it's use. Made out of composite materials it is lighter than coils and is it's own sway bar. Look it up for a good read.

As mentioned the large chevy pushrod engines are totally at home with a 6K redline which is well within the designed use of a pushrod and still make good horse power. With turbo and SC you don't have to twist it to 7,500+ RPMs, use 4 valves per cylinder or complex valve timing and extra  parts to make power..  OHC would need increased engine strength of the high revving parts.

I don't know... they're still running pushrod engines and transverse-mount leaf springs. Embracing current technology has never really been GM's thing. GM Technology seems to fall into two categories- hilariously outdated or barely past beta testing.

As long as GM is happy with the sales numbers that won't change.

As for modern GM's I have owned a Suburban and currently a 2010 Tahoe. Simple, easy to work on, parts were cheap for the Suburban, haven't needed any for the Tahoe, has been a great value and makes sense why they sell so many of them.

Now buying my Saturn was a huge mistake and that car is a testament to why Saturn doesn't exist anymore.

But hey my plastic doors are still ding free!

• Like 1

Oh, I'm well aware of the advantages and strengths of the design. But here's the thing. The 'Vette is GM's "halo" car. It's supposed to represent the best of their capabilities. And they're putting it up against some of the best sports/performance cars in the world. In that context... don't you think the presence of buggy springs and a pushrod engine just sort of confirm the belief that many people have (and that GM is trying to shake) of the company being backwards and out of step with the times?