gm related tomfoolery

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Layer after layer of floor mats... that reminds me...

When I worked at the Ford dealer I worked on one the the detailer's Ford Focus, I can't remember what it was in for, but I do remember having to remove all his floor mats on both sides. I kid you not, I counted 24 mats! TWENTY FOUR! And that was all in the front, mostly on the driver side. (Rear area had a single long runner mat like you see in full size trucks.) All but the top one which was thick heavy rubber were the paper thin rubber variety until I got down to the original carpet one on the bottom. They were arranged so that every square inch of carpet was covered. I'll give him credit, the carpet underneath was spotless and clean!

I have gotten in some cars where you can't WOT or full brake because of mat thickness.

Toyota dealers are supposed to remove all non-approved mats until 1 approved mat or none remain.

I removed mats in one lady's car last week. Left the original mat in place.

She called and said her throttle is now stuck on full.

I go to her house on my lunch.

She restacked the 4 mats I removed and they were Golding down the gas pedal.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

The vette gets em wet.

-Robert

No.

but I'll look out for one in the future and see if I still feel the same way.  650 is likely about the limit for the corvette? I mean there comes a point where it's too much and the car can't keep up. Recently drove a 2013 SuperSnake Shelby 500GT and that was insane. Without traction control I'm sure you would go sideways punching it anywhere below 130. I immediately added it to my bucket list and put a shaky check mark beside it.

its not necessarily limited to 650 hp, twin turbos are king