gm related tomfoolery

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what was the ugliest gm product ever made?

Aztec is too easy and that SSR truck. Pretty much anything after the mid '80s but specially camaro/firebird and corvette and lately the 'new' camaro which looks nothing like the 'old' camaro... if it was supposed to be a retro car.

marv.jpg

New cars............ they all look like electric shavers

Well it's better looking than the last few. Front end is much improved. Don't like the excessive louvers all over it. (in front of and on top of rear wheel) Rear lights I hate totally.. look too much like the camaro. Should have stuck with the round(ish) ones like the Skyline... not like them, but recognizably Corvette from the rear.

Sounds like a supercharger. Only way to get more hp from a maxed out pushrod engine. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Overall I'm impressed with the 'improved' but not perfected, looks. I did drive a non supercharged 2010 or 2011? a couple of years ago so have some idea what 435 hp is like.

• Like 1

Well it's better looking than the last few. Front end is much improved. Don't like the excessive louvers all over it. (in front of and on top of rear wheel) Rear lights I hate totally.. look too much like the camaro. Should have stuck with the round(ish) ones like the Skyline... not like them, but recognizably Corvette from the rear.

Sounds like a supercharger. Only way to get more hp from a maxed out pushrod engine. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Overall I'm impressed with the 'improved' but not perfected, looks. I did drive a non supercharged 2010 or 2011? a couple of years ago so have some idea what 435 hp is like.

oh come on datzenmike, you want one, haha, this one is 625hp

No.

but I'll look out for one in the future and see if I still feel the same way.  650 is likely about the limit for the corvette? I mean there comes a point where it's too much and the car can't keep up. Recently drove a 2013 SuperSnake Shelby 500GT and that was insane. Without traction control I'm sure you would go sideways punching it anywhere below 130. I immediately added it to my bucket list and put a shaky check mark beside it.

More GM bullshit.

C'mon Bill nothing was said so it's not verbal bullshit. That leaves only the video... so what's bullshit? Maybe that's not a chebby? That the IIHS is run by gm? That what you see isn't true? Because it sure looks to me like the old '59 doesn't look near as survivable as today's cars. That you'd rather be in the '59 to disprove this? The '59 didn't even have seat belts.

• Like 1

C'mon Bill nothing was said so it's not verbal bullshit. That leaves only the video... so what's bullshit? Maybe that's not a chebby? That what you see isn't true? That you'd rather be in the '59 to disprove this? The '59 didn't even have seat belts.

What was bullshit is that they INTENTIONALLY pick that year car to do the test with. That old Chebby has a X-frame which were found to be vastly inferior in crash protection and side impacts and was superseded by the perimeter frame which is found on all of GM cars 65( I think) & later.The people putting this test on PURPOSELY chose the earlier car as they knew if they chose a car like a 70 full size GM car-the 09 Malibu would be wadded up like tin foil. So,yes-it is more GM bullshit.

SinkingGM_zps6e9fb73f.png

• Like 2

The only thing I could think of was the 59 must outweigh the Malibu, so why would it push the 59 back? Turns out the 09 may actually outweigh the 59 by more than 100lbs if the Bel Air is a base model 6 cylinder. Base Malibu is only 3,515lbs. Probably another reason why they chose that model Zt. Hell, a 2012 Nissan Juke weighs 3,210. Obviously the industry's made some real advancements in safety, but have totally ignored advancements in strong light weight materials. You're welcome OPEC.