gm related tomfoolery

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I can't get over, is at the end of the day -- a few of my extended family members help build that car. This isn't a good thing.

See, my family - are Detroit natives - and while the direct lineage is ok, there has been some "questionable" marriages to the cousins etc.

These are marriages to southern folks that had family-trees resembling telephone poles, if ya' know what I mean. Folks that I don't trust with sharp objects, or even with safety scissors.... Folks that used their union seniority and relocated to Bowling Green to work at the Vette plant.

Add to this GM's lack of LEAN manufacturing process... and you get a potential Hillbilly Shit-Storm regarding Quality & Assembly on Fridays. Because Friday is the day after Billy and Joe have been out drinking' all night... took a bump of amphetamine... and went to work greased and buzzed.

In short: chances are, if you own one of these vehicles, I have a 2nd cousin that vomited in it during assembly.

I kid you not - if you heard the stories that I hear @ yearly family reunions of how they treat these vehicles, and f#$% around on the line... you wouldn't buy one.

Someone just posted this on a thread about the new vette lol

-Robert

Whisky bottles stuffed into MonteCarlo frames. Lunches in behind door panels. (stink much) Burn outs in the parking area at night. Saw one car come down an isle and run into another in the lot... told the super and he said hmmmmm.... just clean up the mess. Pretty tame. Every year or two there would be a big scandle. Foreman, several workers and security guards caught in a theft ring. Supposedly one guy who asked the foreman and management if he could collect unused discarded obsolete fasteners and take them home. Floors are covered with this shit every shift and they never pick them up they just sweep into garbage. He got a 45 gallon drum full past the security check at the gate, loaded in his truck and went home. In the drum was a 2" deep tray covered with fasteners and under it was a block and two heads. Another guy waited for a stormy night and him and another guy held a shared pieces of cardboard over their heads as an umbrella, with a windshield inside.

Whisky bottles stuffed into MonteCarlo frames. Lunches in behind door panels. (stink much) Burn outs in the parking area at night. Saw one car come down an isle and run into another in the lot... told the super and he said hmmmmm.... just clean up the mess. Pretty tame. Every year or two there would be a big scandle. Foreman, several workers and security guards caught in a theft ring. Supposedly one guy who asked the foreman and management if he could collect unused discarded obsolete fasteners and take them home. Floors are covered with this shit every shift and they never pick them up they just sweep into garbage. He got a 45 gallon drum full past the security check at the gate, loaded in his truck and went home. In the drum was a 2" deep tray covered with fasteners and under it was a block and two heads. Another guy waited for a stormy night and him and another guy held a shared pieces of cardboard over their heads as an umbrella, with a windshield inside.

reminds me of that johnny cash song, one piece at a time