gm related tomfoolery

I remember in 76 when the "Oldsno-go" 403 showed up in Trans-Ams.Buyers got home ,opened the hood and found a Olds motor.There were "nuclear clouds" over a lot Pontiac dealers.Owners went absolutely apeshit. My current "work car" is a 77 Bonneville with a Olds 403 in it. Runs fine and it's for work-so NBFD. But I found the window sticker in the envelope the PO gave me.Down the bottom is a disclaimer saying engines MIGHT be from another source.GM had been planning this crap years ago completely ignoring the "loyal customer" factor. This is a major reason why they went "tits up".And one of a plethora of reason I despise them.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have posted this already, but that reminds me of my all-time favorite vanity plate. Nowhere near as epic as Turd Ripper, but still...

A7BD78E5-7E40-42FF-A3AC-A0A7AFFF2C50_zps

Almost as good as my brother's 

TESLA.jpg

And yes. this is a call back of a repost on top of a repost, but this is a GM thread so that should fit right in.

• Like 2

Some days I want to drive an old school import - small, light with a manual transmission and some days I want to drive an old American V8 because it's what I grew up with. I will never be happy with just one style of any car.

There are plenty of other forums and don't need to argue the issue here. I'd have no problem parking a 510, 610, 1200 etc next to a 69 Camaro or Chevelle along with all the other weird stuff I'd like to own

tumblr_mjv6bo5zJf1qbcma7o1_1280_zps841ac

volksrod_zpsff471047.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...