My new 312 Bluebird

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE IT! Rock the hell out! Kinda looks like come 320 pieces would work, but who knows, you are blazin some uncharted territory with this one!

Are those taillights are sorta like NL320 taillights?

0709mt_small+1964_datsun_nl320+.jpg

it doesnt look like it needs that much to me. clean the engine compartment buff the paint new door panels ect... come on guys this is a easy one.:)

I agree! Hell it might run with a fluid change and some brake attention. HEck all of the knobs even look to be there! This is a heck of a score!

Most importantly (and hardest to replace) the sheet metal looks really sound! How are those floors under the mat?

Yeah...great find. I am dyin' to hear how much you paid for it :D I love the great stories that are really the reasons we love Datsuns so much anyway. I hope you don't get all show car with that thing. I love the patina the paint has. Interior help, some functioning brakes, a motor that works and a smile on your face is all that Ratsun needs:cool:

The first thing I'm going to do, is put my "RAT DAT" license plate on it!

I figure since this car would be horrendously hard to restore to stock, I'm going to *rat* it out. Something very similar to the drawings the fisch does. Actually, if you get bored, and want to draw me up something to go on, that'd be sweet! I'll probably lower it a bit, maybe do Cadillac bullet tail lights, chrome visors for the front, mexican blanket seats, shortened 40's style windsheild visor, flat black paint, and so forth. I don't want to do anything that can't be undone relatively easily though, in case I decide (or future owners) to restore it someday.

The emblem in the center of my 312's grille is missing. But...there is a small light bulb socket in the center of the emblems body. It appears there's supposed to be some sort of lighted thingy in the center of these grilles!

In that case, I don't have the center emblem or light.

But I do have these

datsun1200-badges001.jpg

Here's a close up pic of the lighted grille thingy. Not sure if it's stock, or aftermarket.

100_040525.jpg

Also, about 30 minutes, a heat gun, and a plastic scraper, got rid of 99% of that Boss 302 sticker on the pass side front fender. I think I can buff the rest back down to match.

100_040625.jpg

• 1 month later...

Up until 15 years ago the old South Bay Datsun in Hermosa Beach CA used to show their version of this car in local parades. 800cc engine as I recall. It was a trade in by the original owner and was completely original except for the replated bumpers and the original paint gleamed like new. They retired it from parades when even the dealer couldn't keep the brakes working [had to use the hand brake in parades, major pain]. South Bay [now Nissan] was gobbled up by a major chain and consolidated with Torrance Nissan, haven't seen any trace of their old Datsun since. The old site is now a Land Rover dealership.

Edited by MikeRL411

HEy Yellow, check out the pics of the one I just posted in the for sale section.

It is a 61 and the pics make the rear end look different than yours, the tail lamps look different for some reason. But you may be able to talk the guy out of some parts!

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=7318

356b_1.JPG