POST CARS YOU CANT STAND

As a former suabaru wrx owner I will say the only thing I can't stand about them is that the clutch pedal is too fucking close to the brake pedal. Nothing worse than going for a shift and stuffing the brake with the clutch. That's why I sold the car, can't stand that shit. They are easy as hell to work on too....

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former suabaru wrx owner I will say the only thing I can't stand about them is that the clutch pedal is too fucking close to the brake pedal. Nothing worse than going for a shift and stuffing the brake with the clutch. That's why I sold the car, can't stand that shit. They are easy as hell to work on too....

NO fuckface, they are not easy to work on, that is the dumbest thing ever said on ratsun and I say it's fact becaus I suck at car.

I agree with the clutch pedal thing, it was shitty enough that I put a small z in it to move it out just a hair.

• Like 3

So go put a subaru engine in your 510 if their so easy to work on.

I guess thats why all the service rates are higher on a Subaru than many other cars :confused:

Everyone who builds cars knows their hard to work on, glad you guys are dreaming otherwise, it speaks volumes of how good you are at car.

And the alternator was one of those really easy to get to things I mentioned that you rarely have to replace so who cares if its easy to get to?

An EJ easier to work on than a Honda K20? Or an 4g63? LMFAO. Please go learn to work on more cars, I mean wow.

ROFL LLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLLO

I actually road race Hondas, I have road raced Nissan as well. People that are true enthusiasts, actually race their cars or at very least go to track days regularly.

If you don't go to the track, you shouldn't be criticizing anyone about anything under any circumstance, until you do/have gone to the track and actually pushed cars to their limit, or yours, whichever comes first.

LOL... compensating for something??  You don't have to be a track slut to be a true car enthusiast.  "True enthusiasts [are exactly this]" "Dumbest comment ever made on Ratsun"... LMAO.  There's all types of appreciation that can be done with a car not being on a track at the limit... even those silly hondas who's owners are always screaming for some kind of attention.

BTW, I've been on track, a real one aka road course.  No, I wasn't drifting, but your comment on drifting in the US is inaccurate and extremely fanboi... on top of the elitism lol.  I've worked on and driven tarted up noobaru's and know how lame they are to work on... but there are much much worse cars to work on.

There are of course those stereotype people that think that the car brand that they drive is the best and none is or ever will or could be better, those are fanbois, and every brand has them. A true car enthusiast, in addition to going to the track should be able to easily recognize that every manufacturer has been able to engineer at least a few vehicles very well.

And then there is the opposite of the spectrum that think all cars have their pluses and minuses and we should think all cars that someone put work in are cool even if we dont like them for very obviously good and unbiased reasons. Those people are usually the ones driving the worst cars.

You seem to fit the Honda and Nissan stereotype very well though lol.

This whole thread is pretty childish and narrowminded though, Datsun extremists (Datsunists...?? Datsunistas...?? lol) believe their brand is the greatest while looking down on everyone else... and technology/innovation (lol).  That's fine with me, they can think whatever they want, this is a Datsun site afterall.  I just like to poke fun and rile these old guys up from time to time... and show them what a fast car with race tuned handling is really like.  Don't worry, I poke fun at all extremely biased car owners, especially the mullet headed Starion owners who are so dumb they're unwilling to learn how to use a multimeter and fix their car properly... and then claim it's all junk and swap in whatever fad motor is trendy.

I like all cars (before retarded owners get to screwing them up), something doesn't have to be the best in a category for me to see the value in it. Even ugly slow FWD cars have great fun potential.  I don't give a damn about numbers or internet bragging rights, but that's because I am confident in my decisions and don't desperately seek other's approval.  If you enjoy a car for just the way it makes you feel, then you are doing something right.

-Robert

• Like 1

Well I definitely dont think that Hondas and Nissans are the greatest cars ever made, so I dont think I fit the bill for datsun or honda elitism.

Honestly I could go on for days about all the things both companies have done badly.

I never said that you have to be a track slut, just that a true enthusiast goes to the track. And I am refering to the road course. Funny, I always look at the Vette owners on track as compensating for something, How does one compensate for something with a Honda? I have to wonder.....

I also never even insinuated that Subarus are THE WORST to work on, there is always worse. But there is also substantially better.

And my comment on drifting is fanboi to what? LOL, I dont like drifting in the US or Japan, but the Japanese definitely have more style and it seems to me that it requires more skill.

But I agree this thread is completely useless.

• Like 1

at

Well if we stopped the pissing match BS and stuck to the cars we "CANT STAND" it would be a fine thread.

Once people start going on about CAR OWNERS they can't stand then its de-railment time, soo I think we're all good here

The Swedish buick mommy wagon... can't stand it .....can't stand that it starts , runs without knocking , doesn't miss , and has matching seats bolted down.

I'll be road racing the bitch shortly on track days.

I feed it salted cod ... it's like nitrous for Swedish-ish made cars ..... back to the future style.

14595814228_f9a5ffd47c_c.jpg001 by 71240z, on Flickr

It's also way the fuck hard to work on

14686096203_b0000ab14e_c.jpg007 by 71240z, on Flickr

Wow, thats the most delusional thing I have ever read.

Have you ever work,ed on a Subaru? I cant imagine after that statement. I am not talking about Forresters and non turbo models, I am talking about the WRX which for example has a fuel hose that costs $19 and costs $900 in labor to replace. Everything about the way that car is designed is absurd and needless. Nobody I have ever met that builds subarus or has worked on the engine bay of one would EVER say they are the most simplistic. Period.

SAY THAT AFTER YOU CHANGE THE SPARK PLUGS ON ONE!!!

Please, if you think their easy then go change your friends STI spark plugs for free. I would do that on any of my friends normal engines (15 minutes or less)

Have owned , and pulled engines for one reason or another on a few subaru's.

I didn't think they were that bad at all across the board even doing head-gaskets.

This 93' F150 straight 6 .... can't stand it ..... 290,000 miles .... original engine/transmission.

What a piece of shit.

.... , and will be used as kids say "drift slut" ... probably in corn fields ... whatever the fuck that means.

14385768454_26a96d1439_c.jpg072 by 71240z, on Flickr

God I know what you mean, I have an 84 f150 300 six and a 4speed. Its so bad, it run with an intake leak for 15 years and always runs....its terrible...

• Like 2

Love the ford straight 6. But I'm a sucker for almost any straight 6.

Indeed.

My (3) z-cars , my old F150 , Father's 92 F-150 + 5spd w/ 190,000 , Uncles ol 78' ford , brothers 2dr Seneca 3spd (unibody) looks like the picture below except purple/blue-ish , and possibly my future Cummins.

1961+LAPD+Dodge+Seneca.jpg

Agreed.

My mom's Dodge dart was a slant 6. That car always delivered where we were going.

mmmmmmm push-button goodness.

God I know what you mean, I have an 84 f150 300 six and a 4speed. Its so bad, it run with an intake leak for 15 years and always runs....its terrible...

Man !  I can't stand that crap ... that's horrible ... good on you brave sir you shouldn't have to put up with that at tall. I hope you severely punish her when she acts up ....... or consider giving it a viking funeral ......

Love trucks like that !!

You fucking kidding me? A fucking drive belt on a K20 was the worst one I've EVER FUCKING DONE. Worst fucking design. Literally 3 god damn fucking inches to slide the tensioner, BACKWARDS of most tensioners. Not to mention the fucking belt is god damn nearly impossible to slide on the idler pully. fuck honda, I got pissed just thinking about that faggot piece of shit.

I'm with him, FUCK k20.