L20b questions

Andres131313

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silicon sealer is only as good as the surface is clean. If there is ANY oil or old gasket or coolant, etc, it won't work.

I only use four types of sealant:

- Right Stuff brand black RTV for gears or oil pans

- Grey RTV for engine covers including water inlet/outlet

- Threebond brand 1211 for fuel related or for threads on NPT fittings

- High Temp Orange RTV for exhaust - and only if absolutely necessary (I hate the look of it).

Those are the only sealants I use. The blue stuff everyone uses is garbage, so is the regular orange RTV.

If it's leaking and you're positive it was perfectly clean, then there is a crack somewhere or a thread that needed sealant and you didn't realize it. That or the surface is not flat anymore, probably from use of a Roloc disc in the cleaning process.

• Like 1

i washed the whole block in acetone the night before and it was scraped and dried. 

Oh funny story about the rtv we had. so i got earl beer and then after a few he started trying to unclog the nozzle on the Pressurized rtv can. he gave up after 10 mins saying "it must have lost pressure". Omar: "lets cut it open" he grabs my hack saw. im just standing there saying it wouldn't lose pressure and im laughing to myself. 

2 strokes.

2 strokes

and it just gushes out the gray rtv and it is right above the block...right over the crank i just got back from the shop. I leap to grab the shit and they are just laughing

earl: "i guess it still had pressure"

Me:"ya no shit"

now that i think about it it was funny as fuck

• Like 1

Hey I do. I was finding bolts for the transmission and Omar got annoy and put the engine and transmission in the car with only 2 bolts.

By the way earl. Your silicon gasket stuff you said would never leak? Well guess what's leaking? The timing cover

We are overhauling his engine next week, you can come over and fix it at his place. But did your oil pan leak? I only use the ultra grey not the blue that was uses on the timing cover

This thread is like a school bus fire, very fucked up but you can't turn away. I love how Cleveland Jr blames shit on everyone else, letting hacks work on your shit is still your fault.

Hey watch what you say about my friends.

No he started cutting it in a chair then freaked.

• Like 2

Don't cry pumpkin, actions speak louder than words. Their, and your actions tell the story...a story of shoving and prying with a ''if it don't fit force it'' mentality. This is ratsun, if you post a school bus fire, be prepared for the comments. I've had the same engine and larger trans in and out of my car far more than once and haven't broken anything, I'm careful and don't let unskilled people work on my shit. You're still young, you have time to learn, at least it's not a real 510 taking the abuse.

• Like 1

Ha. It is a real 510 that came with a 20 unlike your shit 16. And the prying in the rubber mount so the holes line up won't do shit. It didn't snap by the way I was fucking with you guys. It's fine. So your 510 can SUCK on my A10's exhaust pipe

Because when it comes down to it. Mines harder to work on and rarer then any Datsun. Half the websites I go on don't even show that my car exists.

Ha. It is a real 510 that came with a 20 unlike your shit 16. And the prying in the rubber mount so the holes line up won't do shit. It didn't snap by the way I was fucking with you guys. It's fine. So your 510 can SUCK on my A10's exhaust pipe

Because when it comes down to it. Mines harder to work on and rarer then any Datsun. Half the websites I go on don't even show that my car exists.

well because its an A10 i believe it has an even larger engine bay, (easier to work on) not that rare because they are not as sought after....

• Like 2

The bay is larger but I mean in terms of finding parts, passing smog, working around emissions shit, and I'm talking about rare parts. No one makes aftermarket parts for any part of the car. The number of a10s out there makes it rare.

Rare? im about to get a third complete A10 wagon.

Hey I do. I was finding bolts for the transmission and Omar got annoy and put the engine and transmission in the car with only 2 bolts.

By the way earl. Your silicon gasket stuff you said would never leak? Well guess what's leaking? The timing cover

you wanna know a secret that keeps the engine from leaking ? dont use shitty gaskets

• Like 3

still has to be sought after, if i ate grapes and shit out wine, and it was the only cup of shit wine in the world.

someone would have to want it, for it to be rare, otherwise its just a glass of shit wine nobody wants...

like your car

It's sought after by me. I've been wanting to make a rally 4 door

• Like 5

still has to be sought after, if i ate grapes and shit out wine, and it was the only cup of shit wine in the world.

someone would have to want it, for it to be rare, otherwise its just a glass of shit wine nobody wants...

like your car

Not everyone wants the same old 510 or 280 the car that every Tom who's dick is harry thinks of when they hear the word DATSUN.

i see you too have a taste for shit wine

I look at it more like the bastard red headed stepchild that time forgot, but honestly I would take an a10, 610, 710, 810, 620 over a 510 anyday. And really it's one thing to bash Andreas but let's just keep some love for everything with a D on it under the rising sun.

• Like 1

It didn't snap by the way I was fucking with you guys. It's fine.

Riiiiigggggghhhhhhtttttt. Boy you sure got us good. Man I don't think we could have handled it if you had "pretended" something else had gone wrong. Maybe you're joking about that rtv leaking you mentioned too, just to keep us on our toes.

Dude, ease up on the dick wagging, own the mistakes, and take the advise buried between the insults. You'll gain some much needed respect.

• Like 4

Man, you really busted my chops on that one. Well, except the part where you failed to read ''same engine and larger trans''. Man, it must be a bitch dealing with a setup that came just like that from the factory, the comparatively huge engine bay must be a straight up mofo to work on.

• Like 1