L20b questions

Andres131313

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines harder to work on and rarer then any Datsun.

Not hard to work on and somewhat rare, but then all real Datsuns are getting rares every year.

Half the websites I go on don't even show that my car exists.

http://www.startrek.com/ don't count.

The bay is larger but I mean in terms of finding parts, passing smog, working around emissions shit, and I'm talking about rare parts. No one makes aftermarket parts for any part of the car. The number of a10s out there makes it rare.

I don't have aftermarket anything on mine. But I do have a zx 5 speed, 4.11 differential, matchbox ignition, 200sx factory mags, adjustable ride height, Maxima wagon struts and brakes and a zx master cylinder. Runs really well, handles better, stops even better. I don't see the need for aftermarket when there are other Nissan parts out there.

• Like 2

But can you find a windshield? Nope! Center console? Nope. Oval stick boot? Almost never. I'm not talking about parts to upgrade I'm talking about original shit. All the car shows I go to for datsuns have the same cars. 521,240,280,510,b210,210,610. Mine stands out. I'm happy with that.

Also ask Geno how hard I push my car in the hills without the backend sliding out. I was keeping up with him and my front shock leaked out years ago.

But can you find a windshield? Nope! Center console? Nope. Oval stick boot? Almost never. I'm not talking about parts to upgrade I'm talking about original shit. All the car shows I go to for datsuns have the same cars. 521,240,280,510,b210,210,610. Mine stands out. I'm happy with that.

Glass usually can be found if you have the money. Interior parts stopped being the last year the car was made so you need to get from another vehicle. Possibly someone has a new unused part for sale on e-gay. Yeah I like the A10 looks too.

Also ask Geno how hard I push my car in the hills without the backend sliding out. I was keeping up with him and my front shock leaked out years ago.

Pointless brag. First of all, if the back end didn't slide out then this proves you weren't pushing hard enough. Second who knows how 'gino' drives??? Maybe he was letting you catch up to make you feel good or maybe he drives like a pussy?? :lol:

• Like 4

I found some but they don't want to sell it to me. I said I would drive out to get the glass but they said no.

What I meant was that it wouldn't slide out unless I wanted it to. He drives like a valley bitch heading to Starbucks. I think going 40-60mph on windy tight roads shows I was keeping up with him

• Like 1

you dont have to impress anybody here,

i know how gino drives and at some points it can be questionable but only for himself , hes also been driving longer than you have been alive, and wouldn't doubt if in a "real 510" at that.

i wouldn't hesitate to call it sheer luck you got away unscathed, your car however.... well driving like that with almost no experience and understanding on how a motor should sound and act on a fun run is probably why it was taking apart 

• Like 1

There's a point in time where you need to step on the brakes take a deeeeeeep breath and.........just shut up.

Andre, no disrespect here, bro, I know it may be difficult to comprehend but driving skills is something that comes with time, all cars aren't created equal, however they all share 1 thing in common, they talk to YOU and it doesn't happen immediately, because first YOU need get in tune with it, just because you can press pedals shift and steer doesn't mean you've got skills, please don't make the same mistake many kids your age do, you will get killed or worse kill innocent bystanders.

Don't become another static, man!

• Like 1

No disrespect but I do listen and I know what my cars feel like and when something is wrong. That's one thing my grandfather tought me. I understand what you are saying and I know I'm not the best but I can handle myself pretty good for a kid my age. I mean when I get stressed I go up in the hills and drive for hours alone. My girlfriend was killed by a drunk driver last year. We had been best friends for 10 years. I wouldn't drive crazy or push myself past what I know I can handle. When Gino started getting close to me I pulled over and let the crazy fuck pass. And to be honest with you guys the reason I get defensive about my car is because my girlfriend helped me work on it. Or just sat and watched. The car means more to me then just a cool car.

That is rough. I am sorry.

These Datsuns are perfect cars to learn with. They are relatively cheap, parts are readily available, and almost everybody (on the west coast) knows something about how they are put together. In the years that I owned my first 510, I learned a lot. I put 4 or 5 motors in it, had the head off about 25 times, replaced everyhting on the car at least once, painted it twice, went through multiple sets of tires, differentials, half shafts etc., crashed it twice, ditched a lot of cops in it and lost my license in it twice.

I learned from my experiences and I have a cheap Datsun to thank. So keep at it and fuck it up. That's the only way you can really learn something.

• Like 1