Beware of this guy flipping a 620 in Everett

Sooo a few weeks ago a friend of mine saw this 620 sitting on the side of someones house, across the street from a garage sale in his neighborhood. him being a datsun guy too, went across to peep it out. another guy (that lives down the street from my friend) came up to my friend and said that he had already asked, and the owner didn't want to sell it and not to bother. the very next day it was in that guys driveway!!! he snaked it for $500. now, 3 weeks later its on CL for $2100! with spray painted wheels and rocker panels and lots of tire shine. Title still in the previous owners name. not a bad truck just a turd that is selling it!

00v0v_hXuqRyqOpoz_600x450.jpg

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4559838220.html

• Like 3
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo a few weeks ago a friend of mine saw this 620 sitting on the side of someones house, across the street from a garage sale in his neighborhood. him being a datsun guy too, went across to peep it out. another guy (that lives down the street from my friend) came up to my friend and said that he had already asked, and the owner didn't want to sell it and not to bother. the very next day it was in that guys driveway!!! he snaked it for $500. now, 3 weeks later its on CL for $2100! with spray painted wheels and rocker panels and lots of tire shine. Title still in the previous owners name. not a bad truck just a turd that is selling it!

Nice truck, but yeah.....he was probably on his way to the guy's house and wanted to scare you off. Dick move....same thing happened to me on that wagon.....I was on the phone with the guy and he said a guy emailed him earlier and wanted it--used to be his, so I said, sure, if he doesn't buy it, call me. Well, he called and the guy bought it. THAT guy tried to flip it the next day for 3-4 times what he payed. Wanted to keep it my ass. Do they think we in the community are stupid?

• Like 1

I had an incident a few years back where it happened to me. I was after a '74 710 wagon. It was a "sold with bill of sale" type of ad. I could care. The price was right, but I had finals LITERALLY on that night. No chance of squirreling out early that day. We arranged to meet the Saturday after. I go and call Saturday and there was no answer. Bad. I get a text later: "car sold". Damn.

I see the EXACT SAME CAR two weeks later on craigslist for 5 TIMES what the original ad went for. No changes, nothing different but the seller and the price. Fut the Wuk? I called the deuce out PUBLICLY here on the forums. I understand "making money" - but flipping cars like that only to screw the public, not cool.

• Like 1

All's fair. If you want something go for it anyway... and I mean you. Guy tells you that the owner isn't selling? You want it bad enough? you go ask the owner anyway. How is selling it for 5x what you paid ripping off the public? Should you sell for same as you paid? 5X less??? Buy low sell high.

If it makes you feel any better this is not a Datsun owner. This is just an investor a commodity and an opportunity. People do this with real estate all the time and are considered pretty shrewd.

• Like 9

All's fair. If you want something go for it anyway... and I mean you. Guy tells you that the owner isn't selling? You want it bad enough? you go ask the owner anyway. How is selling it for 5x what you paid ripping off the public? Should you sell for same as you paid? 5X less??? Buy low sell high.

If it makes you feel any better this is not a Datsun owner. This is just an investor a commodity and an opportunity. People do this with real estate all the time and are considered pretty shrewd.

Seems legit. Mike is spot on.

Lesson with all of this is..... Don't believe what a total stranger is telling you. Find out for yourself. 

• Like 3

Went through something similar with my 510, it was purchased from an nwde member and was then on cl two days later, but just for 1k more than he paid for it. When I went to buy it, tried to haggle but the guy gave me the "I got a guy coming up from California that offered me 1k more than I'm asking". So I left with my money and he called me the next day if I still wanted it for his asking price.

Its always about money, and always getting more.

I like owning them. I like driving them. I like the accomplishment of working on them and modifying them. I like knowing all I can about them so I can appreciate them even more. This is why I don't sell my Datsuns... it sure isn't for the money..

• Like 1

Wow, this is kinda how I pay my bills.

A little bit ago, I jumped on Criagslist and saw a 49 Willys flat fender Jeep for sale, pretty much all stock and listed for under an hour for 1000 bucks. So I pick up the phone, call the guy ask him a couple questions and tell him I will be out to buy it within the hour, not "come out to look at it and low ball you," just buy it. So I run out, hook up to my trailer and take off to go get it. When I get there and see the Jeep in person, I think there MUST be some kind of scam going on with it, like the title does not match the Jeep, it's stolen or something, but no, everything checks out, this was in really great shape.

When I was loading the Jeep onto the trailer, I see the guy I bought it from over talking to some dude on the side. Then, this guy comes toward me in a huff and tells me that I am ripping the owner off, because he would have paid more. I said "you pay more money than the listed price of something, How is that working out for you?" He then stood there and just stared at me while I tied it down. No shit, the guy stood there for like 5 minutes. I finally said "ya know, if you have a really huge problem with me, I'm sure we can settle this". It was all I said, but I did give him an evil glare while saying it. He said "we'll just see what the cops have to say about that". What? What the fuck are you talking about? He left.

The guy I bought it from comes up to me once the weirdo had split and said that he was just pissed because he wanted to buy it, the difference being, that guy asked him if 1000 was his bottom dollar and said he would "come look at it". I said, I will come buy it, period. Anyway, kind of a odd situation. 

On the way home, I stopped in Woodland, WA to get some diesel, a guy who was at the McDonalds across from the station came up to me and asked me if I would be interested in selling it. I said that I would for the right price. He looked it over, started it, crawled around it and said "how does five grand sound?" I said "six sounds better" he said "split the difference?"  I agreed, pulled out into the parking lot, unloaded it, he test drove it around a little, he then sent his Wife to get money. 

All went smooth, I got paid, he got a Jeep he wanted and drove off. So I got paid 4500 bucks for a short drive, loading and unloading a Jeep on a trailer. Hell, I thought it was a pretty darn good day. Pretty darn good month really because that was my paycheck.

• Like 7

So as someone once said to me on here about this very same subject.

So you missed a deal?  BOO HOO!

Sucks when this stuff happens, do i like it..?  hell now, that stuff pisses me off, but nto much you can do about it. 

happened with a 520 I wanted. guy had it for $1100 seen it on cl not to long later in another area for 4k...I hate that shit

it's a dark world

Nice truck, but yeah.....he was probably on his way to the guy's house and wanted to scare you off. Dick move....same thing happened to me on that wagon.....I was on the phone with the guy and he said a guy emailed him earlier and wanted it--used to be his, so I said, sure, if he doesn't buy it, call me. Well, he called and the guy bought it. THAT guy tried to flip it the next day for 3-4 times what he payed. Wanted to keep it my ass. Do they think we in the community are stupid?

You guys trying to tell me you wouldn't do the same thing??......I would be shocked.....

..............for once I actually agree with this guy......vv :lol:

So as someone once said to me on here about this very same subject.

So you missed a deal?  BOO HOO!

Sucks when this stuff happens, do i like it..?  hell now, that stuff pisses me off, but nto much you can do about it. 

Ya snooze ya looze !And whether you like it or not its another datsun that was taken from the weeds to the road . Winning !!

^^..........x2

• Like 2

I like owning them. I like driving them. I like the accomplishment of working on them and modifying them. I like knowing all I can about them so I can appreciate them even more. This is why I don't sell my Datsuns... it sure isn't for the money..

This is how I feel, I just love to build, even if it's not running I can just appreciate the project. Everyone I know is all about Honda's, I don't see why, haha that makes that old school jdm carb datsun just too sweet!! Wish I had a dozen more haha

I have no problem with making a profit--sometimes I do. I am all for investment. But, what I think is dishonest is the guy lied to him. Just be honest, say you got dibs or whatever, but if you don't have cash in hand, you ain't got a deal. As for me and the wagon (the second time) I had cash in hand, 5 mins away and the guy says he wants to wait and sell to the guy who emailed him cus it was his car originally and he was gonna keep it. 2 hours later or more the guy shows up and buys it. I should have said" I have cash now, I want to come get it"......I snooze, I loose. I just didn't want to be pushy. Buy and sell, we all do it, just depends on what someone will pay.....I dont care if you got it free, if someone wants to pay 1x2x3x etc,,,more, good for you, just don't expect the Datsun community to jump on it unless you have done something to warrant the increase. Or if it has inherent value.

• Like 1