Canby 2015 10th anniversary, No Excuses June 13th-14th

Janksun

So my wife is having a week with the girls in June... Random. And it's getting planned for the NW US. I started down the path of convincing her to check out Canby, until I checked it out online. Not convincing... Is there anything sellable about that area? My wife likes Datsuns, but her girls weekend would not be a Datsun weekend. Even a little. They like nature, and water, and cabins with wine. But a night or two out would be a plus for them. Help me sell the area, I might have an excuse to come .

I'm losing to Olympia.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my wife is having a week with the girls in June... Random. And it's getting planned for the NW US. I started down the path of convincing her to check out Canby, until I checked it out online. Not convincing... Is there anything sellable about that area? My wife likes Datsuns, but her girls weekend would not be a Datsun weekend. Even a little. They like nature, and water, and cabins with wine. But a night or two out would be a plus for them. Help me sell the area, I might have an excuse to come .

dude, Seattle area if you get here Friday I can scoop you on the way down

Do your wife and her friends like beer? or just wine? Im sure you can find a winery close to canby. Brewerys are all over oregon as well. If not try and find a lake or hiking trail close as well. Also try seattle or portland over Oly its nothing to special.
  • Like 1

We camp out at silver falls one day before. It's pretty cool. Very green and beautiful. I forget how far it is exactly, but not very far at all.

dude i might take friday off and roll with you..i love silverfalls

my favorite pic of my truck was taken up there

PICT0023.jpg

• Like 5

If it's your wifes girls weekend out  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, why do YOU have to be there??  

It would be like going to a baby shower if you ask me,,, sitting around watching my wife cackling all week with her friends  ,,, i would be putting a bullet in my head.

• Like 1

If it's your wifes girls weekend out ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, why do YOU have to be there??

It would be like going to a baby shower if you ask me,,, sitting around watching my wife cackling all week with her friends ,,, i would be putting a bullet in my head.

I'd be nowhere in there vicinity. Yet, traveling together would be infinitely easier on me. I've got two kids that I'd love to bring, but hate flying with them. So flying to Oregon would be far superior. Car trips with kids. I'll pass.

Don't waste any more time on me. I'm a lost cause. Still wish I could come drink beers with you guys.

Canby is about 45 minutes from the town I live in, Mcminnville, OR. Next to Mcminnville is a little town called Dundee. There are world class wineries all around my area; I live in Wine Country. Mcminnville's 3rd st. downtown area was competing for #1 downtown area in the nation this year. It fell to #2 in the final voting. Between Mcminnville and Canby is a large state park and recreation area called Champooeg. If you came out to the area, I could send you(or them) off on wine tours for DAYS. It's a very nice area with lots of food and drinking options. Very charming downtown area with alot to explore in terms of nature, art and wine. Many places for hikes and camping. Also, only an hour from downtown Portland and all it has to offer.

• Like 2