Canby Convoy Thread

]2eDeYe

Well son of a bitch. Brought the shit bucket into work today to throw it on the rack and make sure it's ok to make the trip.....

Guess what? Tie-rod ends are FUCKED. There isn't even a boot anymore and they're so loose there about 3mm of free-play.

I really need to think about driving the Datsun... I'll still be going regardless! I just might have to take my ...... 1998 Mitsubishi Mirage. Ew....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need to think about driving the Datsun... I'll still be going regardless! I just might have to take my ...... 1998 Mitsubishi Mirage. Ew....

Don't worry, if I have problems with mine we can park together. If I don't have the 510 I'm coming regardless as well in the GFs 04 Galant.

We can have our own Mitsu section.

I had more! But sold them to fund the A10! Anyway, Like I said I'm still coming DAMNIT!

There is always next year! Just have to understand it'd better to be safe than sorry. If I wasn't bring my younger sister I'd run the Datsun down there with any problem it had. Wouldn't have a fuck to give..... buuuuuut, considering the consequences.

On a very small side note, anyone attending the "hella broke" meet out in Federal way tomorrow? starts at 6pm! I will be taking the Datsun there for sure.

Sorta related to driving to Canby... I have the original AM radio and an original cassette deck that fails to reverse direction when at end of tape. So, I'll just wear my earphones (non-Bluetooth), right? Wrong ...

Washington - Can I wear earphones/headset while driving?

No. (RCW 46.37.480)

Washington - Is use of a hands free wireless listening device permitted?

Yes, provided the device covers only one ear. (WAC 204-10-045)

Oregon – It is generally legal to wear headphones or ear buds while driving, but there may be local or county ordinances that make doing so illegal.

On a very small side note, anyone attending the "hella broke" meet out in Federal way tomorrow? starts at 6pm! I will be taking the Datsun there for sure.

Nah,, i was headed down to Walmart later,, so i will just get my fill of ricers there.

• Like 1

Guyster,, i wouldn't worry about it as i think the fact that someone installed your steering wheel on the wrong side of car will be enough to totally freak the State patrol out to not even care if your driving around naked except for a Comanche headband.

• Like 1

L OH FUCKING L. I laughed so god damned hard a that........ she was a special-ed student so I doubt any of you will be chasing her too hard. lol....

anyway........

I'd like to leave Saturday morning. Who wants to go with me? OR, is there a better time everyone else is leaving? Please let me know! Last minute scramble!

Special ed you say?! Tristan would overlook the old age with these kinds of features :rofl:

I am leaving my house in Marysville at 7am Sat, meeting up with Piasa13 first thing.

Datwifey I will text you when we get on I5.

guyster  & mhub91  I will send you guys texts as I pass enchanted village.

Anyone else wanting a text before we pass through your spot PM me your number and I can give you an agreed upon heads up location as we are headed down. :)

Anyone north of me iswelcome to meet up at Donnas truck stop on 116th (exit 202) at 7:10 or so (topping the tank and getting coffee there)

guyster  & mhub91  I will send you guys texts as I pass enchanted village.

I'm by Boeing Field / Museum of Flight (the Swift and Albro exit). Please text when you get on I-5, then again when you have passed Centurylink Field. I'm 5 minutes from there. I'll park on the on ramp and watch for you to pass, then catch up. Thanks.

Nana: I'll text you when we near Dupont. Any landmark / exit in particular you want me to send the text from for the sake of timing?

• Like 1

Nana: I'll text you when we near Dupont. Any landmark / exit in particular you want me to send the text from for the sake of timing?

Maybe give us a text as you wait on onramp to give a heads-up so if the Marys get hung up in traffic somehow.

Just south of Dupont proper would be fine ,, just past the huge brick building you see off the freeway ,, that should give us time to get rolling and to the Maytown rest stop. 

You won't have to elaborate just a simple word or even just hit any letter so you won't have text and drive.. by the times sent we should be able to easily figure out what your saying.

If you doods are somehow hung on road work through Seattle for hours (as you know they like to shut down all lanes abitrarily) on weekends,, we might bale. 

• Like 1

I'm by Boeing Field / Museum of Flight (the Swift and Albro exit). Please text when you get on I-5, then again when you have passed Centurylink Field. I'm 5 minutes from there. I'll park on the on ramp and watch for you to pass, then catch up. Thanks.

Sounds good will text when I get on the i5 and again when I pass i90

• Like 1

Maybe give us a text as you wait on onramp to give a heads-up so if the Marys get hung up in traffic somehow.

I will do that if they are delayed AND I'll send you a text when I am rolling down the on ramp to join them. Of course, if something out of the ordinary happens at any point on our way to you, I'll let you know and you can either wait or bail depending on the circumstance. GETTING EXCITED, finally.

• Like 1

Maybe joining in the morning as well, fighting wipers right now. Where are the olympia guys meeting?

Sent you a PM as my answer is pretty long winded ,, to say the least. 

Good news,   Jdong texted Donovan and may join us for the drive down..

• Like 1

Eta you'll be going thru kelso ? Iirc exit 39 or 36

According to google maps we may be there around 10, give or take, if we make average time. 

I can text you when we get around Centralia if you want.  Let me know.