Canby Convoy Thread

]2eDeYe

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scared the shit outta me! Don't know what caused it. Just shattered, not chipped. Stayed together though, so only specs of glass dust on the dash and my hands / arms. Drove from Bothell to Kirkland before deciding to pull over and call for a ride.

I know in a lot of other countries you can get the windshields in tempered glass as well as laminated. Yours was probably tempered and got hit by a rock, you wouldn't have noticed cause the explosion happened right then

• Like 1

Dropped off the glass and the width is fine, but the height is 1" too tall. The shop is going to remove the damaged glass and figure out options. Anyway, we now know that a B210 Coupe windshield is not the same as the 120Y Coupe windshield. Always something to learn (and modify).

There are two options: Cut it down or glue it down. He won't know until he takes out the gasket and sees how much room is available on the frame. If there's room, no cutting needed, then he glues it down and uses a universal seal. If he tries cutting and it breaks, I'm heading to Wenatchee for the other window and trying again. Pros and cons to each solution. 

• Like 1

Dammit, I would love to go....

Ran into a problem..........

Finally took the A10 up on the freeway and HOLY F*CK! I measured driveline too short and have a ridiculous amount of vibration because the  yoke only being about 5/8 of the way in.

If I go to canby, its going to be at 50MPH the whole way! (50mph +/- is where there is little-to-no vibration)

Also... I'm tight on money right now and can't afford a temp gauge so I would be traveling without knowing of any over-heating problems. Fuck.

There are two options: Cut it down or glue it down. He won't know until he takes out the gasket and sees how much room is available on the frame. If there's room, no cutting needed, then he glues it down and uses a universal seal. If he tries cutting and it breaks, I'm heading to Wenatchee for the other window and trying again. Pros and cons to each solution.

I always felt the 2dr sedan was a coupe and the the other a fastback, but Nissan has to have it their way.....

I do know the sedan roofline is taller than the coupes though

• Like 1

I see.....

• Like 1

I see.....

It would be nice to retain the original seal and he says it's in good shape. Again, risk vs. reward. Also, he pointed out that the original seal has a channel for chrome strips. I went online and sure as shit, this is something missing on my car. I'd like to source install them, but the set I saw was $210 out of AU. Ick! If I go with the glue down, this won't be poss.

Checking. It's poss that Adam and I were talking different models. When I use the word Coupe, which is what Datsun calls it, sometimes people get confused. I am going to start referring to it as a fastback. Do you think the difference between fastback and sedan is 1"? That's the difference my glass guy is experiencing.

Guy,   I measured both   my (extra) "coupe"  W/S's  and they are 20 13/16's

also my Sedan WS is 21 1/2  ish.  Cant get exact measurments with it still installed.

That the center line measurement.

Mike

• Like 1