SoCal Fun Run - Get your Datsun Ready! Sunday, 10/26.

looks like it was a great turn out 15 or so cars from what I could count 

looks like Kimberly had the most fun all prancy and shit 

nice job putting this together Kimberly  

• Like 1
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like it was a great turn out 15 or so cars from what I could count 

looks like Kimberly had the most fun all prancy and shit 

nice job putting this together Kimberly  

Hahaha!! If it involves my Datsun I'm always having fun!

Thanks Randy! I'm just glad we finally had some interest in pulling one together. Hopefully the next one will have more Datsuns.

image_zps431e178b.jpgimage_zps5bf9b8ff.jpg

Getting quotes from Competition Collision in Eagle Rock. Any body with some experience know how restorable this is? I just want to do whatever necessary to get the ol dime as close to original as possible..

that's fixable but I wouldn't have just anyone repair it, like I said before look into getting that panel new.

that's fixable but I wouldn't have just anyone repair it, like I said before look into getting that panel new.

Agreed and I really think you should give Brett a call over at Rounsville as well. Instead of taking the car down there you might be able to just send him those photos and see what he says. San Berdoo is a long drive just for an estimate so pics might be ok in this case. That pains me to see your car like that :crying:

Ok kids we have a whole other month to decide where our next run will take us. Here are a few ideas from some of you.

LA510

We could meet somewhere more central/inland, drive up and through the Malibu canyon then head south down PCH and eat somewhere in the southern beaches. Hot's Kitchen is a great spot in Hermosa... and goooood beer.  http://www.hotskitchen.com

hang_510

We should head up topanga cyn to old topanga to muholland hwy several spots to stop and take pictures.

Here's the route he suggested: https://maps.yahoo.com/directions/?lat=34.07882486401267&lon=-118.73817443847656&bb=34.20782724241554,-118.9541244506836,33.94962569237503,-118.52222442626953&o=Yerba%20Buena%20Rd,%20Malibu,%20CA%2090265&d=Santa%20Monica,%20CA&d0=34.05624,-118.96537;34.108326,-118.912186;34.117989,-118.784187;34.098065,-118.684056;34.13443,-118.64344;34.106678,-118.629204;34.092098,-118.6017

We'll make Brian/Bryan (didn't know which way you spelled it) lead since he suggested it :)

RO510

Take the coast to Santa Barbra or we can even go to San Diego.

defdes

OR, this was my favorite loop when I lived out there, the whole loop only takes about 15 minutes to do and that whole "blue" section on Tuna Canyon is ONE WAY down hill with some pretty spectacular turns. Here's the suggested route: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34.0670185,-118.6164243/Las+Flores+Canyon+Rd,+Malibu,+CA+90265/@34.050671,-118.616537,15z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x80c2a0591fe91ec5:0xba34b8c4e58c4316!2m2!1d-118.640476!2d34.053826!3e0

If anyone else has ideas please put them out there as I'm keeping track of them all so we can have a change of scenery each month. Let's get the discussion going for April 27.

Or a night run to a drive in movie although deciding on a movie that everyone wants to watch may be difficult lol. Also maybe try and throw Meets in the mix? Mid month meet end of the month fun run? It would give people a chance who are mobile but not so much ready for long hauls to at least hang out with like minded folks and talk Datsun...

• Like 1

Completely forgot about the drive in idea. I like that idea too! As long as you all don't pick some sappy love movie :)

I'm down with a monthly meet. We've already got them on varying Saturdays in the IE in Moreno Valley (which I really want to get my arse to one time) and OC in Anaheim at Angelo's Burger and another one in Downey at Bob's but that's on Fridays and I'd never get there. Someone else has them going in San Diego on Thursdays. I've often thought we should have one around LA proper sometime since IE and OC already have them. Been trying to think where. If someone has ideas on that start a new thread for a monthly meet. We'll leave this one for the cruises.

Has anyone ever wanted to drive Route 66? That could be another idea. Take it from Santa Monica Pier into San Bernardino. There's a few landmarks to see as you drive by...Chicken boy, the Wigwam Motel, Bono's Restaurant and the Big Orange, California Theater. We can stop at Coco's out there to eat. They've got a good sized parking lot

I like hang_510's idea of a cruise through the canyons. Anyone want to do that next?

I'm still trying to figure out where would be a good meeting place for the LA folks. Mel's Diner on Sunset comes to mind. They've got a decent sized parking lot and if we get there in the morning we should be able to take it over. We could make it a breakfast meet maybe the 2nd Saturday of each month. I'll try and drive by there this Saturday and see how crowded it gets. If memory serves me correct not too crazy early on. If anyone else has any meet ideas throw em out there. I'll keep trying to think of other places that has a decent parking lot.

Funny you mention that. I was just reading that today. The Z bash is meeting at Cars and Coffee in Irvine.  It's early about 6:30 for those that haven't read the thread. They plan on leaving about 7:45 and doing a run through Santiago Canyon to Motorsport Auto. Do you all want to do that run Saturday, 4/26 as well as plan our run Sunday, 4/27 or would you rather just hijack this run and we'll plan our next run for May? Put down whatcha wanna do and I'll update my first post. One or both is fine with me.

The Z car crowd will be meeting up at C&C in a the AM. Then cruz thru Santiago Cyn. Then head out to MSA for a free lunch (PIZZA)

Then about 5:00PM they will cruze over to blakes BBQ for some dinner.

• Like 1

I might be able to come up from San Diego. Datto is no worko, bringing the R6. I'll talk to the ratsuns around here to see if any of them want to drive up as well.

You talking about for the run on 4/27 or the one on 4/26? Nothing's been decided yet for 4/27. I think opinion may be to do the run with the Z guys on 4/26 and we'll cancel our 4/27 and do our run in May. No one's piped in yet. Does that sound like a plan guys? Head to Irvine and do the run with the Z bash and we can do our next run on May 30? I was kinda leaning toward that myself.

I don't think so. LA510 already asked that on the thread for it and they said they didn't mind. Here's the link if you want all the info for where and when they are going. They'll be making a few stops on that Saturday.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/59692-going-back-to-caliyeah-i-do-think-so/

You talking about for the run on 4/27 or the one on 4/26? Nothing's been decided yet for 4/27. I think opinion may be to do the run with the Z guys on 4/26 and we'll cancel our 4/27 and do our run in May. No one's piped in yet. Does that sound like a plan guys? Head to Irvine and do the run with the Z bash and we can do our next run on May 30? I was kinda leaning toward that myself.

I'm down for the Saturday run for sure.