SoCal Fun Run - Get your Datsun Ready! Sunday, 10/26.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, was a nice run to SM, turned sour. Got rear ended by some goon in a new ford focus cause he was texting... Never had an accident in 10 years of driving the same volvo. Had to happen in a car I actual care about. Getting quotes at body shops now so probably not making this run.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkk!!!!!!! Dude I'm sorry to hear that. Ignorant jackasses should be paying attention to where they're going. I've already vowed that the next person that hits my Datsun dies. It's a bit of ways out but if no one around LA can fix it (or is willing) call up Rounsville on Ward St. in San Bernardino. They fixed my 210 twice in the 20+ years I've had the car. They're pricey but they do amazing work. I hope the damage isn't too bad and you can get it fixed.

Tried to explain to the guy that he had basically just broken a dinosaur egg, but he wasn't getting it.  Got a good quote from a nice Costa Rican guy with a shop on Fletcher in Elysian Valley.  He was in love with my car and seemed to understand the importance of restoring as close to original as possible.  Seeing another shop in Highland Park on Monday so at least things are moving forward.  Thanks for the tip colourbox!  Maybe I'll just drive the volvo out in the AM to the pier to see everyone else's rides.  

IMG_9575_zpsb88d9f8f.jpeg

My poor wounded child....  :bye:

Tried to explain to the guy that he had basically just broken a dinosaur egg, but he wasn't getting it.  Got a good quote from a nice Costa Rican guy with a shop on Fletcher in Elysian Valley.  He was in love with my car and seemed to understand the importance of restoring as close to original as possible.  Seeing another shop in Highland Park on Monday so at least things are moving forward.  Thanks for the tip colourbox!  Maybe I'll just drive the volvo out in the AM to the pier to see everyone else's rides.  

Dude I would of kicked his ass n shoved the phone down his throat -_- if I were you I'd replace that panel then get it repainted...

He needed a couple head shots to make him think right :devil: There's supposedly a '79 510 at an LKQ in Wilmington. Just FYI. Not sure how compatible it would be with yours if there's anything left on it.

Brett over at Rounsville restores old cars as well so he gets it. I trust people who restore cars more than just some auto body place. They're only open M-F though which kinda stinks but they're worth it. I just had my 210 over there a few months ago to get some nasty rust fixed.

This was the first accident I had not long after getting the car. Stupid girl ran a stop sign and busted poor Stanley in the jaw.

stanleyaccident1_sm_zpsdd842e50.jpg

stanleyaccident2_sm_zps81a5b1a9.jpg

stanleyaccident3_sm_zps5863a81c.jpg

That was 24 years ago. My dad bought me the car and about 8 months later he passed away so the car means more to me than anyone's life. Rounsville fixed it up. Stanley's smile is forever crooked but there was nothing they could do to completely straighten him out. The second accident was about 13 years ago. Don't have pics from that one but it was worse. Front end damage. Needed a new hood, grill, radiator, bumper, the works. They had it about a month but they fixed him up nice that time. Rounsville pretty much gets the car every 10 years. What's funny is they always remember it :)

I hope you get someone who does right by your 510. Do come on by anyway. We can form a posse to beat the fool up that hit your car :rofl:

• Like 2

He needed a couple head shots to make him think right :devil: There's supposedly a '79 510 at an LKQ in Wilmington. Just FYI. Not sure how compatible it would be with yours if there's anything left on it.

Brett over at Rounsville restores old cars as well so he gets it. I trust people who restore cars more than just some auto body place. They're only open M-F though which kinda stinks but they're worth it. I just had my 210 over there a few months ago to get some nasty rust fixed.

This was the first accident I had not long after getting the car. Stupid girl ran a stop sign and busted poor Stanley in the jaw.

stanleyaccident1_sm_zpsdd842e50.jpg

stanleyaccident2_sm_zps81a5b1a9.jpg

stanleyaccident3_sm_zps5863a81c.jpg

That was 24 years ago. My dad bought me the car and about 8 months later he passed away so the car means more to me than anyone's life. Rounsville fixed it up. Stanley's smile is forever crooked but there was nothing they could do to completely straighten him out. The second accident was about 13 years ago. Don't have pics from that one but it was worse. Front end damage. Needed a new hood, grill, radiator, bumper, the works. They had it about a month but they fixed him up nice that time. Rounsville pretty much gets the car every 10 years. What's funny is they always remember it :)

I hope you get someone who does right by your 510. Do come on by anyway. We can form a posse to beat the fool up that hit your car :rofl:

Ouch! Poor thing, at least Stanley was able to drive away from it. There have been other Datsun's on here that, very sadly, have not. Been lurking on your post for awhile, you got a cool little car. The 79 510 would interchange parts with Stanley better before it would with a 510 of earlier years. Also, if your still in need of a front bumper, I still got mine and it's really clean. Shoot me an PM if your interested and keep on making Stanley look good!

Oh thanks he's all good now. I have spare body parts if I need them. Been molesting 210s at the boneyards for the last couple years now and taking spares of everything I can get. I can practically build Stanley a brother at this point :)

DSCN0517_sm.jpg

Ouch! Poor thing, at least Stanley was able to drive away from it. There have been other Datsun's on here that, very sadly, have not. Been lurking on your post for awhile, you got a cool little car. The 79 510 would interchange parts with Stanley better before it would with a 510 of earlier years. Also, if your still in need of a front bumper, I still got mine and it's really clean. Shoot me an PM if your interested and keep on making Stanley look good!

By the way, out of complete curiosity cause I'm still learning what models work with the 210, what parts from the 510 would work? I honestly don't see too many 510s in the yards. I think I've only seen 2 in all my junkyard diving.