SoCal Fun Run - Get your Datsun Ready! Sunday, 10/26.

Well dont get your G string in a bunch, Canby just got done people work fourth of July is Next week so maybe give it 1 more try.Also there Datsun owners so you need to help give them money for gas.If i did not work so much and trying to keep up with you  i blew my tranny. I will give you a big A for effort for doing this though.Cheer up. :thumbup:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I prefer a cruise to a meet myself. I get bored at meets (I like to see the cars but you can only do that for so long) and I like driving my Datsun. People in LA are better at bitching and complaining about things rather than actually doing. Someone takes the initiative to bring them what they want and then they don't participate (people who got called in to work excluded from comment). This is why people think LA people suck ass. I've decided I'm not planning these anymore since there seems to be no interest. Yes, I'm annoyed. If someone else wants to start planning these feel free but I'll not bother planning anymore. I'm sure this thread will now die.

Well it sucks that only two showed up, but I would have gone with you guys but I thought I was going to miss meeting at the Mall so I kept going. I was at Neptune's by 11:00 and was gone by 11:15. I still had fun today though even without cruising without anyone else. Hopefully someone will pick-up the ball and this does not die out completely.

Well dont get your G string in a bunch, Canby just got done people work fourth of July is Next week so maybe give it 1 more try.Also there Datsun owners so you need to help give them money for gas.If i did not work so much and trying to keep up with you i blew my tranny. I will give you a big A for effort for doing this though.Cheer up. :thumbup:

Oh I don't have my panties in a twist. Last month no one showed, the month before that there was something else going on so we just cancelled it which made sense. This thread gets a lot of chirping crickets anyway so I'm just kind of over it. Someone else wants to pick up the reigns be my guest. I'd still like there to be a good turn out like we had for the first one. Seemed like there was interest and I thought we might get a decent following but no. So at this point you all can prove you want this and plan the next one.

Robs, sorry we missed ya :( Would've been nice to have another ride with us.

I was event's coordinator for the local Z club, Finally just gave up trying to plan anything. If there was free food involved everyone would show up.

If anyone is expecting free food for this they should take themselves to the Salvation Army. I've pretty much given up on this. Everyones good at saying we should do this, we should do that, but someone makes it happen and no takers. Disappointing. Whatever, won't keep me and Stanley from cruising up the coast. Anyone wants to plan one I'm game but I don't think I'll waste my time anymore.

Damn, the dissapointment with the lack of envolvement colourbox is obvious and understandable. It's three misses for me due to circumstances out of my control. I would be willing to set up the next one, I would hope you are still willing to attend. Although I missed some I will be there on this one come hell or high water. I know PCH to neptunes has already been done so unless anyone has a different suggestion I will start with that. Start point can be the pier parking as previous or alternative meeting spot can be set. Would like to find a place where a meet and greet can be acomplished over a cup of coffe or something. Will start looking for a spot with plenty of parking. Lets start hearing from everyone interested. If this turns out to be just me either way I will be there. If interested I would like to hear from ya specially on the day prior. Lets keep this thing going, would hate to have courbox attempt to get this going be just a waste of her time. So the next one would be Sunday July 27th say 9am. If time is an issue for some let me know. What ever is keeping you guys from joining speak on it maybe we need to change the day or time to accomadate more peeps. Alright get them typing fingers going.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that attention has fallen off!! I got rear-ended the day before our first ride  :no:  and the ol' 510 has been in the ICU since.  Just got it back tho and ready and willing if this thing gains traction again!!

9DA3C423-A04D-40FE-8A95-5CFC871B50CB_zps

feels good to be home.

Alright so update, this past Sunday to a drive around the Santa Monica area in close proximety to PCH and the pier. Found a couple of spots we can meet get a cup of coffe or bfast. A few places but parking was a bit tight. Buddy of mine who lives in SM gave me directions to some places he thought would work. So plan on taking another ride this coming Sat, let you guys know how that goes.

Sorry to hear that attention has fallen off!! I got rear-ended the day before our first ride  :no:  and the ol' 510 has been in the ICU since.  Just got it back tho and ready and willing if this thing gains traction again!!

9DA3C423-A04D-40FE-8A95-5CFC871B50CB_zps

feels good to be home.

Glad you got er back looks great, hope you will join us the 27th.

I went to the first one I liked that fun run I think most Datsun owners can take the Datsun on the canyons that's why turn out was low ? Low power on the car but maybe?? a good drive up pch id be in .... it was nice I really enjoyed it

Everyone was more than welcome to pipe up and suggest something else. Believe me if my Datsun can make the hills so can everyone else. Stanley is all stock under that hood. He took the hills and turns just fine. Like an old man maybe but he made it :)

That blue is nice datsunlicious :thumbup:

I've got a Union meeting until 10a.  I'll swing out to Neptunes from there (Burbank) and try to find you all

EDIT

Aaaaaand once again work interferes with my fun.  I can't come this weekend.  Just got booked for a job in VEGAS!

I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm losing my ass at roulette, or craps, or...

Ok so for this run lets meet up at Wendys on Lincoln north of Santa Monica Blvd. We will be rolling out no later than 9:30am please try to be there by 9am, from Wendys parking lot right to SM Blvd right- Ocean right- California incline left to PCH and head for Neptunes net. I plan on meeting some twists after lunch, all are welcome to join or part ways. Hopefully we can all take a little time and talk about future plans to keep this thing going. Any questions concerns please let me know you can contact me here or if you like text me at 2one3 598 098two.