SoCal Fun Run - Get your Datsun Ready! Sunday, 10/26.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One more week. So far only 3 say they're going. Where er'body else at? hang_510! It's your suggested path. You gonna make it? Was hoping you'd lead. Who else is in? If people start faltering off I'm going to just let this thread die. Someone else can take over if they want.

My hopes are that this becomes a monthly thing even though I have yet to make one. I personnally had bad luck the last two times I said i'd be there, first time had a ball joint brake on me, the second time had the fuel pump go out on my daily driver I had no choice than to fix so could'nt make it, with that said I was hessitent to say I would go this time out but if no issues arise I will be there and so will my bro.

My hopes are that this becomes a monthly thing even though I have yet to make one. I personnally had bad luck the last two times I said i'd be there, first time had a ball joint brake on me, the second time had the fuel pump go out on my daily driver I had no choice than to fix so could'nt make it, with that said I was hessitent to say I would go this time out but if no issues arise I will be there and so will my bro.

I'm hoping for the same thing. Would be nice for this to get a good turn out each month. I'll probably show up around 9 at super car sunday and I figure whoever shows we'll roll out at 10 when the show ends or if decided we can split shortly before. Here's the route from SSC to Yerba Buena Rd which will take us back down to PCH.

https://maps.yahoo.com/directions/?lat=34.02495649130747&lon=-118.78454446792603&bb=34.03925361329319%2C-118.80228996276855%2C34.010692534247426%2C-118.7667989730835&o=6100%20Topanga%20Canyon%20Blvd%2C%20Woodland%20Hills%2C%20CA%2091367-3632&d=Yerba%20Buena%20Rd%2C%20Malibu%2C%20CA%2090265

One more week. So far only 3 say they're going. Where er'body else at? hang_510! It's your suggested path. You gonna make it? Was hoping you'd lead.

im in!

there are a few detours and great view spots to stop at from the posted map route and still make it to Neptunes

So for those that are in we'll all be meeting at super car sunday tomorrow morning (6/29) and then heading out on our run from there. Try and get there by 9:30 in case we plan on rolling before 10. I should be there by 9. Got a friend riding with me. I told her she's in charge of the action shots :)

Westfield Promenade Mall

6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard

Woodland Hills, CA 91367
(On the corners of Topanga Canyon Blvd and Erwin Street)

Did anybody show up for this run? I didn't see anyone.....I was running late, so I went straight to Kanan. I stopped on Kanan twice and then went on down to Yerba Buena and then to Neptune's and did not see anyone.

Oh well, maybe next month.

Yeah actually only hang_510 showed. We were at super car til 10 and then we split. Ended up changing the route slightly since no one bothered to show. We did get to Neptune's around 12.

DSCN1957_sm_zps23101d75.jpg

DSCN1963_sm_zps163c5396.jpg

DSCN1961_sm_zps4e542f7f.jpg

DSCN1962_sm_zps01340cf0.jpg

DSCN1952_sm_zps76e57e50.jpg

DSCN1960_sm_zpsa8b422ef.jpg

DSCN1958_sm_zps80ecb474.jpg

DSCN1959_sm_zps30999c02.jpg

DSCN1954_sm_zpsc00ef497.jpg

DSCN1956_sm_zps5a5da57a.jpg

DSCN1953_sm_zps3bb5f9d3.jpg

DSCN1955_sm_zps4aa905b0.jpg

Great run, lots of hairpin turns. You all missed out.

• Like 1

Weird thing is my brother will only come to a cruise and never to just a meet..   We have the same problem ( up here) getting people to show up too,, and how is that with over19,000 members,  what the heck??  C'mon get out and have some fun by driving your Datsun people.

• Like 1

Yeah I prefer a cruise to a meet myself. I get bored at meets (I like to see the cars but you can only do that for so long) and I like driving my Datsun. People in LA are better at bitching and complaining about things rather than actually doing. Someone takes the initiative to bring them what they want and then they don't participate (people who got called in to work excluded from comment). This is why people think LA people suck ass. I've decided I'm not planning these anymore since there seems to be no interest. Yes, I'm annoyed. If someone else wants to start planning these feel free but I'll not bother planning anymore. I'm sure this thread will now die.