What are you listening to???

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Never ceases to amaze me what treasures youtube can turn up.

Never ceases to amaze me how so many liberalized and enlightened hippy rock "song writers" of the 60s were outright F'n plagiarists of the blues. Like Alan Wilson of Canned Heat who took full credit for, and earned royalties on Thomas's song recorded back in the '28. Lead Zeppelin also plundered the Library of Congress archives and credited themselves to the tune of 100s of millions of our US$. More like Canned Theft Audio, Groping Up Our Country's Talent. 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2

Hendrix and Dylan too. All along the Watchtower. I think Hendrix nailed it though. Are some of these songs in the public domain? Really doesn't matter who wrote it it's really about interpretation and style. It should be prominent who the author is though.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Hendrix and Dylan too. All along the Watchtower. I think Hendrix nailed it though. Are some of these songs in the public domain? Really doesn't matter who wrote it it's really about interpretation and style. It should be prominent who the author is though.

Totally agree Mike. Often a cover of a song can bring it to a contemporary audience in a whole new way. Nirvana's acoustic version of In The Pine, or Johny Cash's cover of Hurt. I thought it very poignant the author of the vid I posted called this participating in a musical conversation. I don't know the law regarding intellectual property rights and public domain, but Lead Zeppelin paid millions in settlements for accrediting themselves as the original artist, earning them huge royalties off other peoples songs. That shit ain't right.

Pre Napster and YouTube, the general public had no idea these recordings of old blues songs even existed. After learning how common out right plagiarism was in the 60s and 70s, it definitely tarnished the brilliant halo of my childhood hero's. Innocence lost. 

• Like 1

wxSlcWM.jpgdzwRw9Y.jpgHi Ya'll.As you may know.I love Pink Floyd.Seen there last concert in 94 in Atlanta,the Division Bell tour.Today,I was at Walmart and was going to the Automotive section,as I was walking by the Electronic section,Of all things to see there,Their was a Pink Floyd Dark Side OF The Moon album,wow,I got happy.and they have c.d.'s too.I found the 50th Anniversary DSOTM one and it was 13.99,it's mine now,they had some good one's for only 5 bucks.It came out in 73,but on this c.d. the female singer is not Claire Tory as in the original song.She did sue them and won.They did her wrong.In the Division Bell tour,they had 3 females sing the great gig in the sky and one has past and no one knows but closest to her.Her name is Claudia Fontaine.Here is my new cd,they do have a box set of it.The dogGu8dGn.jpgx4wMQ7J.jpgETJJCAW.jpguDIaqMG.jpgrf7p1Dg.jpg5rGh8mD.jpg36rDa9W.jpgDZXXyCZ.jpgg is my painting...The cd had a booklet in it,here are the pictures,the other 2 is the dog I painted and some pictures I took with it and my concert cup and framed it...My best painting ever..I painted it almost 9 years ago,wow,time flies...

ks0yw5C.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...