Gotta love Nor Cal !!

solo

Sup every one long time lurker here 2nd time posting. I have a wtb add in the classified adds section. Any how whats the deal with all the over priced cars in Nor Cal? I know this is probably gonna piss some people of but dam it has to be said. Non running cars for 6k? I remember  a few years back you could get a decent dime with a motor swap for that much and some for even cheaper. looks like I'm going to have to buy out of state just so i can freakin afford one on my budget. Just frustrated and venting.  :mad:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whats your budget dudeeeeeeee? i got one for sale 1970(69 features) 4 door ka24de runner registered insured for 6700 280zx front new kumho tires on enkie 92s message me your email il email u pix ... weird color  :thumbup: oh its in socal il be driving it up here when i get a place

Selling prices are way lower than asking prices now. So don't be afraid to make offers on those cars.

I here you man most of the adds say firm on there price and low ballers and dreamers keep moving. Lol shit I've been dreaming of owning one for ever.

its cheaper if u build things yourself, if u wanna buy something done then prices are up there, i got a buddy selling his datsun for 10k and the receipts add to that, hes giving away his work, and there is still tons of undiscovered datsuns in barns etc, idk why everyone lately feels like datsuns are running out,

i agree tho that a non running datsun shoulndt be going for over 2.5k

Yah been wondering the same. I got my 510 so not looking for another. Good luck though. I'm from the bay so I know what your talking about.

Yeah its bumming me out. I think I'm gonna hold off till the meet on May 17th in Manteca which is actually my birthday lol. Maybe i can stack a few funds. My budget at the moment is 4k every one.

automobile prices in cali are high to begin with.

False. WA, particularly Seattle / Tacoma areas, has some of the most "too fucking high, you must be retarded" prices I've ever seen. I can attest to this. I live in Tacoma, and 'lived' in Sacramento.

• Like 2

all the meth heads trying to pay for their addiction.

True, but since the drift scene is big here (just as big as in CA, believe it or not) people want to "drift tax" the shit outta everything. for example......

I was selling a 100% complete KA swap. Trans, engine, radiator etc. on Ratsun people laughed when I said i wanted $800. But guess what? Found a guy who needed a swap for his 240sx ..... Sold that bitch for $950.

Any how thanks for all the responses. Looks like its a waiting game  unless one pops up soon in my price range thats worth buying. Ive been waiting for ever to finally buy one and a few months till May is not going to kill me.

I might have to sell my 521 in a couple months (dont ask why)

According to craiglist its worth 11k

According to 'post craiglist ads here topic in general discussion' its worth 5k

According to my insurance its worth 8k

According to me its worth 30k

According to my mom its worth 500 bucks

I got a couple months to think of a number

• Like 1

I might have to sell my 521 in a couple months (dont ask why)

According to craiglist its worth 11k

According to 'post craiglist ads here topic in general discussion' its worth 5k

According to my insurance its worth 8k

According to me its worth 30k

According to my mom its worth 500 bucks

I got a couple months to think of a number

I here you man thats how it was when I sold my turbo B13 back in the day. Didn't even come close to what I put into the car. Cars in general are a bad investment.

My old car from 13 years ago. Thought I would share since every one love pics.

794Car-Show-14_zps4e33b35e.jpg

its cheaper if u build things yourself, if u wanna buy something done then prices are up there, i got a buddy selling his datsun for 10k and the receipts add to that, hes giving away his work, and there is still tons of undiscovered datsuns in barns etc, idk why everyone lately feels like datsuns are running out,

i agree tho that a non running datsun shoulndt be going for over 2.5k

This is true but I'm not looking for a completed dime. Just one that runs that I can drive around with my sons and work on it as a family together. I want to start going to all the meets and what have  you with them. And to do that I need a running car. I wish I had the time to go out looking for a barn find. I wouldn't even know where to look lol.