69 521 Build

earlyvws

I used to be a pretty good at sewing. But it has been a while and I was using an overly complicated machine that I couldn't get to sew very well. So as of right now I can't sew.

I didn't sew up the seats pictured. I found them on CL after my sewing attempt to recover the WRX seats was going poorly. I started thinking how much it was going to cost to have them done professionally and decided to take a look to see if there were any seats I could buy that we're in nice shape. I just got lucky these were the color and size I wanted.

• Like 1
  • Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing about the seats is the ad said rare edm Daytona seats blah blah blah. After Wayno mentioned del sol seats were hard to come by I looked up all the key words from the ad. Apparently these are replica red leather interior of only 500 cars made etc. Del Sol guys are about this particular car. It also now makes sense why the guy I bought them from was saying he imported them from Germany. The whole time I'm thinking wtf they are del sol seats.

So I guess I got more luck on these seats then I first knew. All I cared about was they were red, German vinyl, small and done.

• Like 1

I was planning on building a trailer out of the other bed I have because it is pretty beat up. But scored a $200 trailer already done and registered. I couldn't have done it cheaper. So I had to put the bed in to get some measurements for the hitch. Here's what it looks like. I haven't seen it this way in a while. I forgot what it looked like.

6E3A80AF-18CA-43C3-BBC1-5A69BA8D9B21.jpg

7F74FF38-ED56-4348-BE1A-8E312E7AE529.jpg

AB54950F-4EAC-4723-93B5-0D80D826A392.jpg

9B16C2E0-AA17-4734-9A9B-5111E1BB4FFF.jpg

Here's the trailer. Started making some changes. Not finished yet.

374A6571-5860-4EF1-A3F0-0EA397117913.jpg

3B4A49AC-56D2-44CA-95BD-DB382F5F2CF9.jpg

88D80BE5-42DB-4E8E-BEDF-DE610E2B7430.jpg

And powder coated the dash in a flat red. Color is a little brighter then I was going for, but it looks way better then before.

FEFF6165-CDB5-497E-8E99-78F474DE4947.jpg

• Like 1

I can't believe you pointed that out. I've been working out a lot lattly and I just can't do anything about my ass.

I've tried 3" blocks relocating the spring, d21 spring combo and I just can't get it down anymore. I couldn't find 4" blocks around town. Have to check online. I'm going to worry about stance after everything is on so I have full actual weight.

The bed and cab are not bolted in the pics. The bed was just placed there so I could see how far it overhung the the rear bar on the frame.

As for the trailer, since I took this too far for a real parts getter truck I needed a small easy to use trailer to pick up 4x4 sheet metal, drop shit off to powder, etc. not that the actual bed will be perfect, but sheet metal sliding around back will scratch the shit out of paint!

• Like 1

I can't believe you pointed that out. I've been working out a lot lattly and I just can't do anything about my ass.

I've tried 3" blocks relocating the spring, d21 spring combo and I just can't get it down anymore. I couldn't find 4" blocks around town. Have to check online. I'm going to worry about stance after everything is on so I have full actual weight.

The bed and cab are not bolted in the pics. The bed was just placed there so I could see how far it overhung the the rear bar on the frame.

As for the trailer, since I took this too far for a real parts getter truck I needed a small easy to use trailer to pick up 4x4 sheet metal, drop shit off to powder, etc. not that the actual bed will be perfect, but sheet metal sliding around back will scratch the shit out of paint!

I was talking about the bed extensions you made,the front looks good but the back side of the bed needs to made lower there.Did you see mine and how it was done,I am going to redo it and your roll pan is well will see when your done. 

On another note if you are going with the bed extensions and roll pan why not delete the hooks, I was going to keep mine but they are getting cut off,there a eye sore. Just my take on it still turning out to be a bad ass truck. 

I've been liking the hooks. Maybe I'm not as hip as u guys. I guess they will have to grow on me to hate them! I will visualize this evening and make a decision after I consult my peace pipe.

I've looked through the last few pages of ur thread. I can't see a good angle of the rear of ur truck. I thought about the rear a while back, but never came up with an idea I liked.

Charlie I will take the pics but it is hard to take a pic so u can see the whole thing.

Thanks for the compliments but I really can't take credit for either. Powder guy did dash, interior shop did pad, I just cracked the whip and got taken to the cleaners for both,

Speaking of spending money, just sent off my first born son to Australia to get my FJ20 crank. I hope it's real and not a scam!

Charlie I will take the pics but it is hard to take a pic so u can see the whole thing.

Thanks for the compliments but I really can't take credit for either. Powder guy did dash, interior shop did pad, I just cracked the whip and got taken to the cleaners for both,

Speaking of spending money, just sent off my first born son to Australia to get my FJ20 crank. I hope it's real and not a scam!

Who did you buy it from?

And just for the record I am redoing my bottoms, but thats to give you a idea of what i did.The front will be redone to look like it came from the factory like how you stepped yours out,but we are going to match all the way so that it wraps around the bed like the back of the cab to look factory.This looks I would say better then ok but not what I wanted really.

Been working on a center console to be a jump seat. Way over built so hopefully it will work for me little one to sit on to get from school to home.

Still need to make a removable backrest and a machined aluminum front piece with cup holders.

Try and get this to powder tomorrow.

2A785696-BF23-4B84-BD7D-08A2CF41B3A4.jpg

4F104ADA-5F23-43FD-B10D-35D121CC4742.jpg

D1CDBFF0-B771-4EA8-9947-8A1A4DB740DB.jpg

27E0FF5A-B5D5-4D4A-99FD-CA203ACD5904.jpg

And here is the best I can do for a full dash pic. Will be a little easier once installed in the truck I think.

8F88D4D5-336E-4AB4-9F23-2D50BB2E30B9.jpg

EE466CFC-7952-4E68-8517-BE89260EF874.jpg

I think the flash is making the red brighter then it really is. But you get the picture.

• Like 2

I was talking about the bed extensions you made,the front looks good but the back side of the bed needs to made lower there.Did you see mine and how it was done,I am going to redo it and your roll pan is well will see when your done. 

On another note if you are going with the bed extensions and roll pan why not delete the hooks, I was going to keep mine but they are getting cut off,there a eye sore. Just my take on it still turning out to be a bad ass truck.

I've been liking the hooks. Maybe I'm not as hip as u guys. I guess they will have to grow on me to hate them! I will visualize this evening and make a decision after I consult my peace pipe.

I've looked through the last few pages of ur thread. I can't see a good angle of the rear of ur truck. I thought about the rear a while back, but never came up with an idea I liked.

I'll be keeping the bed hooks on my truck too. I think I'll use them from time to time,& I like the look. Just my two cents. Your truck is shaping up very nicely! That center console/jump seat is awesome! I was going to leave the bench in mine & just suffer with the lack of headroom, because I will occasionally need seats for more than 2 people. Your jump seat would make it possible to do that& have seats better suited to someone my size (6'3"), plus a cup holder would be great too. Any chance of you making any more of these?