69 521 Build

earlyvws

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't put together yet. My motor is still at the machine shop. So I am trying to finish all the paint work while I'm waiting. Still have doors gate and lower apron to do. Hopefully get my motor back this week.

So as soon as the motor and tranny are in place the rest can be bolted up in a day.

• Like 1

Bodywork sucks. Working on doors. Got the last little details done for the rear valance and the center console done. Dropping those off to powder.

Got the gate painted.

12246DFF-9695-4D91-9C2B-A5152FB089E3.jpg

Lots of little stuff. Soon things will start going together fast.

• Like 4

I checked with the machine shop today and it looks like it will be at least 2 more weeks. So I started looking for some carbs on CL in case I just want to run the L18.

Found these for a very good price. Listed as 40 but after getting them to the warehouse and looking them over they are 45's. So now I'm thinking I will just save them for the FJ maybe. Not sure.

24D8E83C-F9A4-41B9-AE3B-4E69F4195995.jpg

486C472A-5689-46F4-8CAA-BF83F81D1D4F.jpg

My wife is gone for a week on a business trip. Nothing really is going to get done cuz of this. But I did manage to bolt up the tail lights to see how it all turned out.

4C375710-BCE5-4E22-9964-D8E8BE8C5939.jpg

F133CDC0-18B4-4457-A857-1F21B7832157.jpg

Going to have to reapaint some areas where I broke through color sanding. I think I had my material screw choked out too much and didn't get as much paint on as I thought. I shot 4 coats but clearly it was thin coats but I was looking really good.

• Like 3

i just hope the engine bay looks as pretty as the rest of the truck. i hate seeing a nice truck with a shitty engine bay.just a wire and break line tuck and get that battery relocated

something kinda like this and we just half assed this one

1398387161706_zps5094d5bf.jpg

I'm planning on cleaning it up, but relocating the battery has become troublesome. I thought about under the bed on passenger side mounted on its side (optima) but I don't like how close it will be to the gas tank. Where did u move the battery on that truck?

Ok so it must be the same spot I already started working on. But I stopped after I thought about how close the gas tank will be to the battery. I don't mean that they will be touching but the terminals will be facing the gas tank only about 15" away I think. I don't know how safe this is so I stopped with the idea. If I don't know I change directions to what I do know. I mean it could be fine, I just don't know.

So let me say this again,I got my battery in the bed useing a billet mount,some were down the line I am going to make I mean pay some one to make a drop box in the bed on the front passenger side to put battery in..I am also going to do the same with the wagon under the back seat passenger side because there is room for it.

Now back to progress updates, I sure wish I had your money that's for sure..

I don't have money. My wife makes the cash. I just spend all of it. That's why I have to do everything myself. I can't pay to have all this work done. So I have to live with my abilities, sometimes they are less then a pro. Ie color sanding and buffing. I suck at it and have ruined more shit then I care to admit.

I'm going to start working on the battery tonight. Hopefully have some pics to post of some things I'm getting done.

We are going on a vacation for a week leaving Saturday so updates after Friday are going to be a while.

Very nice build!! I mounted my battery on the passenger side frame rail in front of the rear wheel. The positive cable will already be on the same side as the starter, well for L series, not sure about FJ motor.

ABC1E636-64FC-4091-82D9-622CA796A9A5.jpg

I forgot to add, my bed floor is raised 5in. (Body Dropped) But it looks like there will be enough room under a stock floor.

532D8E2D-17BC-484C-8C1B-6FBEA74E5A33-132

One more option, if you still have the carbon canister cover that attaches to the LH front wheel well you could mount a compact/motorcycle battery under there...that is if you deleted the canister...can't wait to see this completed!!

• Like 1

I don't have money. My wife makes the cash. I just spend all of it. That's why I have to do everything myself. I can't pay to have all this work done. So I have to live with my abilities, sometimes they are less then a pro. Ie color sanding and buffing. I suck at it and have ruined more shit then I care to admit.

I'm going to start working on the battery tonight. Hopefully have some pics to post of some things I'm getting done.

We are going on a vacation for a week leaving Saturday so updates after Friday are going to be a while.

well get on it pork chop.

were we i mean you guys going.lol