• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

The 80's are not their fault. They were merely the punished generation of music to face this modern computer world. They were able to record music with little to no concern for the recording. Neither from the musicians, nor the studio. The actual recording could be recorded over. Not thrown out like the old resin recording discs. The technology hit studios before then, but the reality of the technology, and the consequence of it was not apparent for a while. They still had a large pool of talented bands/artists/composers worth recording.

But up come the boomers. These kids were entitled fuckers. As a generation, the received the largest subsidies, pop made a great living, commodities were cheap. This generation was on top of the world and going to change everything. So they lacked the creative spark as well as the motivation to get good with an instrument. "Why play an instrument? We have a radio right there." Well what happened was Disco. Disco came in to rebel against the rock and roll music that was topping the charts. Disco cranked it up even louder and found the best promoter in the world at the time, Cocaine, to represent them. What happened next is akin to catching a Hail Mary pass, tripping on your own dick, landing with a concussion three feet from the finish line without a memory of one single thing that happened, and you were happy about that. Well, when the boomers came to, they realized that they should stop. As they healed, the recording studios scrambled to find the new sound. The next "Disco". Well there was none. The next generation learnt that quiet was better than Music. That and there was no pool of inspiration to draw from. Disco is to blame for the 80's. It was a confused but creative era without a script, style, nor direction. And from it, we got mountains and mountains of weird, interesting, creative snippets of sound making it onto albums small enough to fit in your pocket. Well Hip hop had plenty to pull from, and several other genres emerged by at least seeing the resurgence in live music of the 80's.

In summary, Disco is to blame for the 80's. And the 90's were only badass compared to other post digital music. The early artists who played an instrument all day every day to be a great. To them, I owe thanks. Folks such as Biz Markie doing an 80's jam

http://youtu.be/8iFYJYwtjpc

• Like 1

I think the 80's had less consensus than any previous generation. I love the 80's music for many reasons. But there is so much crap recorded from those ten years, it's overwhelming. And looking at what's out today, our kids are out of luck.

Datsun Mechanic? Shit, I've carried that moniker for 35 years.  

I've played in every shit hole club across this country since 1988.  You can hear my shit on T.V and read blogs by cocksuckers saying how shitty it is   :rofl:

Datsun Mechanic?????????? RVD?????????????????????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahah

hahhahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahhahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahhahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahhahahahahaahahahahah

I'll be watching it. Haven't actually been to a race in a few years, century link is really god damn cold with the wind whipping thru it. They don't even come up here this year. Best race I went to was five? Years ago when it was pouring rain. All of the whoops were full of water the track was almost unridable and the old man Kevin Windam pulled out a win!

• Like 1

Guys are like horses when it comes to a muddy mess of a track, some thrive on it. I'm pretty good at the rutted up mud myself, but relatively speaking of course, meaning, I don't fall down as much as the guys I ride with. But, then you watch some old film of Malcolm Smith riding through horrid shit and it makes you realize just how bad you suck.

• Like 2