Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

15403454361_3df25ee735_c.jpgtr8r water pump by 71240z, on Flickr

1983 Maxima Diesel.

Not sure if it fits your fan clutch type/needs.

My early 71' 240z fan clutch had "the one long 10mm bolt that always stays with the water pump" type when un-bolted from the timing cover.

The rest of my z's take the other type of un-bolting the (4) 10mm nuts ... pulling off the fan with the clutch ... then un-bolt the water pump.

I'm already certain you already know this to well though.

I bought my last cast impeller wp from a guy off craigs.. brand new for $10 in the box though I'm pretty sure he had stolen it.

Didn't stop me from buying the chrome piston ring set , rebuilt alternator , and some other random shit for an additional $20.

I've chased three pumps with pictures online of cast impellers. But upon calling and insisting they check, all three were stamped. This one is eBay rebuilt. Actual picture of what I get. I hope the pulley lines up.

Moral of the story is: the spirit of modern mad will never be sated if more is available. He will crawl his own ass into a trap just to get more and more cheese. Remove temptation to free the mind from greeds slavery. Else fall victim. There is no moderation for moderations sake.

Like "hey, you want my grandpas old Nissan President he brought over new and kept in storage for the last 45 years? You can just take it if you want."

"Nah, I'm good. I've got two cars and a truck, so I've got enough. Let some other guy have it".

^That shit don't work.

• Like 1

All 4 cylinder L and Z series water pumps will swap but some don't have a clutch fan. Of those that have a clutch fan there are two different clutch sizes and the plastic fans don't swap. The Z series pumps tend to have the larger diameter clutch but have a deeper pump cavity inside with a larger cast impeller that moves more water.

Not sure if the six cylinder L series pump pulley will line up with a four cylinder crank pulley.

Dude! Come by the Maxima from down here and build yourself a beast. 

Fuck a Z. Especially that one. 

You're just asking to only get laid once every leap year. 

I think I may do exactly that.  Talked to my Datsun guru.  He set me straight.  Whew!  I still like that Z, but as he said, it's a big waste of money.  Plus, I can fit my bmx and mountain bike in the Maxima.  Way more functional.  And truthfully, I like the sedan more I think.  Kind of odd, but hey, you like what you like.

I think I may do exactly that.  Talked to my Datsun guru.  He set me straight.  Whew!  I still like that Z, but as he said, it's a big waste of money.  Plus, I can fit my bmx and mountain bike in the Maxima.  Way more functional.  And truthfully, I like the sedan more I think.  Kind of odd, but hey, you like what you like.

Maxima is just a 4 dr Z. Remember the 4DSC moniker given to the Maximas. 

All I ask is for a few parts for the finders fee. 

:blush:

Lol, yeah, I see the ad is still up.  Haven't called him yet.  We have double header Octocross this weekend so it'll be next week before I can get down there.

I sent him an email, not too serious yet, I have massive workload and then two days of autocross to deal with.  Inquired about his schedule for the week days.  Have to see who else I can have go with me to drive it back too.

It would run solid when cold. Sounded good. 

When warm, it would spit and sputter. Wouldn't go above 2,000. 

Engine was pieced back together by a blind kangaroo on heroin. 

I would easily revert back to the ads he had when he was willing to sell it for $500, and still offer less.