• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Colourbox, what would you like to see done to change catcalling in the street?

Nothing will ever change. I think guys don't realise that most women get this shit many times a day and that some of the attention is really scary, like the guy that follows her, and that it really does put us on the defensive. Again, what happened to hi my name is.... I was walking to the store one day and some guy pulled his car over and came up to me. I didn't realise it til after I had done it but I took the stance of I'm ready to be beat you down if I have to. He must've noticed cause the first words out of his mouth were don't be scared ( yeah like that's not going to put down my defenses) and he did keep his distance. He said he just saw me, thought I was pretty and wanted to know if I was interested in going out. I told him I had a bf and he was polite said goodbye and left. Saying nasty shit or commenting on how big her booty is will not get you anywhere. You may think you're saying you got a nice onion when you say damn you got a lot of ass but what we just heard was this fool just called me fat. Yes, thank you for reminding me I'm fat.

I do believe that some guys can't be just friends with a girl. You'd hit it if given the opportunity. I think deep down the girls that say they don't believe that statement really do know that some of their guy friends are just hanging around waiting in hopes she'll see the light and want to knock boots. Some girls are the same. I ain't got time for all that mess. You ain't interested... Moving on. I'm not into self torture. I'd rather put my time into someone that does want me. All that chasing someone that don't want to be caught is for kids.

• Like 2

A smile can be taken as a come on. Be sparing with them to strangers but lavish them on your friends.

Last summer we had a girl who was a classmate of one of our sons. She lived with us for a few months one year while transitioning from home to the outside world. She's an adult now, employed and living in Victoria. We went for a walk around the local park and she stopped us and said " It's so strange having strangers nod and say hello or good morning " I said "try it." So the rest of the walk she did and had fun.

Somewhere in here is a comment about living in New York city but leaving it before it makes you hard.

• Like 1