not sure about this but how does car wrapping sound? has anybody done it to their 510? am thinking about it!

Mads510

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is carbon fiber coming back????

With vinyl, it never really went away. There are still some that are pretty into it. Theres a member here thats got carbon wrap on his Z. Its not everyones style. 

If youre looking to wrap, your wagon roof will be pretty easy. Its mostly flat and the pieces arent super huge so it shouldnt be astronomical in price. 

What ya think? To me is about the same as fake woodgrain on a wagon.

That's about right, if you buy the cheap stuff, there are some high dollar wraps that look really good. If you going to any panel, do it all the way, not half way...won't look right and will peel faster then any panel that was fully wrapped. I say, if it's to YOUR taste, do it! If ya don't like, you can always peel it off and not damage your paint under...sometimes. @_@

I have a friend customer that does this for a living .. .while it looks good and is a alternative I wasn't exactly thrilled that after about a year the vynil started shrinking and pulling out of body lines .... seems like dark vinyl's do it worse then any .... check him out http://fusiongraphixx.com/

edit I hate ie .... switching browsers so I can add the link ........ hes wrapped a ton of shit for me too...prolly gonna wrap my 2 door tahoe at some point ... just one color its easy to remove at a later date ...gotta finish the fab first

2eDeYe" post="493846" timestamp="1308080616"]

Picture016.jpg

Not sure if this is vinyl but it sure is badass.20131214_135615_zpsa4068031.jpg

Hopefully I will have my latex printer back up and running soon. I plan to offer hood and tailgate wraps in the classifieds, might have to ad fender wraps.   :D

Skibs hood turned out pretty good considering the hangovers and all around duhs going on that morning :lol:

It's now hanging in my shed awaiting a proper shop to hang it in.

• Like 1

Any subjective thoughts about wether C/F is cool or relevant aside, there are down side to Vinyl wrapping:

It's not stable, colors fades (often at different rates), it shrinks and peals, and the surface gloss goes flat very quickly. If you scuff it, the mark can not be rubbed out. Although these issues can be mitigated by keeping it in a garage, the longer it stays on the paint the harder it is to remove, and greater the chance of paint damage when taking it off.

up sides:

As long as you remove it soon enough, it's a great way to protect your paint. It's common for guys to wrap the front of a daily driver / weekend track car with clear every view years to avoid pitting. Although I'm sure you can find a place to get your car wrapped fairly cheap, It's surprisingly easy to do yourself. I helped a friend wrap a new Beatle and there's not a flat surface on that fucking car. It's basically a big sticker that you float on a thin layer of water based adhesive. you can move it around on the paint surface, stretch the material with a heat gun, apply, remove and reapply over and over until you get it to sit right. When you get it in place you run a squeegee over it to clear any bubble and permanently fix it to the paint. Just trim the execs and your good to go. If you have an idea, and a copy of photoshop, not even the sky is the limi. There are companies on line that print what every you give them. Your not absolutely committed like when putting your graphics in paint, if you get tired if it, just peal it off.

Before spend $300 doing temporary fake C/F though, you may want to consider that Heartly makes a real C/F 510 hood for $415. The huge weight loss, and ability to switch hoods back and forth may be worth the extra coin.

All good thing to consider.

P-dime

• Like 1

Hopefully I will have my latex printer back up and running soon. I plan to offer hood and tailgate wraps in the classifieds, might have to ad fender wraps.    :D

Skibs hood turned out pretty good considering the hangovers and all around duhs going on that morning :lol:

It's now hanging in my shed awaiting a proper shop to hang it in.

And front doors ??,, :D :D :baby:

I would so like to have a real badass Japanese dragon even though i now possess my matching door and fender again ,, But having a tatoo style dragon would keep those in the geerage for a few more years.

• Like 1