10k head on ebay

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holy giant chamber batman... can you say low compression.... plus its just a casting and thats it, no vlaves springs etc, cam covers or any of the other necessary part, guy says it can all be custom made for 3500-4500... yeah right....

• Like 1

The guy compares it to the OSG TC24, he essentially says  "its 45k for just a cylinder head"

Well, umm, no. Its $45,000 for one of the most prestigious component companies in the world to build you a completely custom made 2.9-3.1 liter engine.

He also states "$3500-4500 will get this going"

Um, no. More like $10,000-15,000. Custom cams? Shit, two of them?, that is like $1000-1500 PER CAM!!!, He's talking about custom valves too??, and drilling things out??, DAMN.

Still its pretty cool.

Hey!  Send me $10,000[uS] cashier's check, not on an Kenyan bank, and I will make you [and a whole lot of folks I won't tell you about] an all aluminum [or aluminium if you who speak the Queens English prefer] R1600 block.  Sure would eliminate any wishy washy concerns about cast iron block, aluminum head, brass radiator longevity concerns [non problem by my experience]. I would even make them from the Aluminum [there I go again] and Silicon nodule blend that the Chevrolert Vega used so that a cylinder liner was not needed, and then sold to Porsche.

In case you are a literal minded new age-er, this is in fun.  You know, good times without chemical enhancement!

If it is the only one ever made, how do you know if it even works? What if it had serious cooling problems? With no racing history, or any documentation to back up its potential, it's a 10k roll of the dice.