White Zombi, street legal 11 sec electric Datsun

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know john, hes a great guy. Hell i know where he lives, me and my dad used to go buy alot.  Im even in one of the videos from pir when they had a experimental lithium pack from nasa in white zombie. They didnt even go full power with the pack and were afraid it would burn up, and it was like 1/4 the weight of the batteries normally in the car.  Ive seen this thing get built over the years as a kid, and all the lil cool things hes done to it.  Its a amazing car.

And its not his only electric datsun ;)   Hes got the blue 1200 show car, and then hes built a 520 for a person, and he still has my grandpas 520 hes going to build someday.    But this has been shown so many times over the years, even that video is like 5 years old LOL

Loop, you dont want to know how much money he has invested into her over the years. As John has said, the technology is constantly changing, and hes constantly upgrading. I think his blue 1200 is mostly the same, shes his driver, his fun car, hes not as dead set about being the greatest with it as he is white zombie.  Sucha  evil lil 1200..but thats what makes her so sexy. 

how much was the swap?

You have to keep in mind that he had a borrowed lithium ion battery pack in it the last time I seen it, and that was worth more than a $100,000 by itself I was told, each little set of batteries inside the main battery had it's own little cooling fan, and when the trunk lid was open, and the sunlight hit the batteries, the little fans came on where the sunlight hit them.

Old or not, I've driven fast electric cars, and I thought the White Zombi Dat was interesting. I just didn't want to dig up a dead post to talk about it.

My brother has a Tesla Roadster S that is stupid quick, 0-60 in 3.5 sec. It's disorienting though, because there's no engine sound to associate with how fast you're actually going. Although I love shifting and hearing the sound of a sick internal combustion engine, there's something about stomping on the peddle and getting instant unrelenting acceleration. The feel of an electric performance car takes a while to get used to, but it's totally linear power delivery makes it so much easier to access, use, and control than a hyped up IC engine.

Would I convert my Dat to electric? Fuck no, but I respect the leaps the technology is making in performance capabilities. In fact an electric motorcycle won the 2013 Pikes Peak run, and it's rumored an electric car will win the 2014 Pikes Peak and they are barking at the door at the Island of Man.

Old or not, I've driven fast electric cars, and I thought the White Zombi Dat was interesting. I just didn't want to dig up a dead post to talk about it.

Well you should have, 15 threads on the same topic is lazy and counter productive

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I take a break for a few week over the holidays and come back to this shit  :poop:?

Well you should have, 15 threads on the same topic is lazy and counter productive

Yes 72240Z, and jacking other peoples threads with this sniping crap is highly productive? Every thread I've read here in the G spot has some self appointed special agent in charge of forum protocol. Kind a like some dark Rat shadow tac force. I must represent some kind of threat, because I'm definitely on their hit list.

Instead of moving on to a suitably fresh and wholesome topic, you take it upon yourself to inspect these activities and share your disapproval of my subversive thread tactics... twice. Ouch 72240z, I confess, but I had no idea this space is reserved for diligent productive members only. I thought it was for "general" conversations. So if I can't be a slothful parasite here, is there a place where I can just relax, shoot the shit, and have fun talking about cars without being fucked with by uptight people like you? 

Pretty much.

And I hate to say this too, but minimally pollutive.

Batteries and electric are not at all!!!!!

make the batteries, transport them to 4 different manufacturing plants, then charge them using "renewable" resources?

Not to mention that all that electricity travels through copper, one of the most destructive minerals to mine in the world.

that list goes on and on and on.

The terms "Environmentally friendly" and "electric" do not currently go together.

As Seasick Steve said on Top Gear

--"You can drive your 51 Chevy for this life and the one you had before and still not create as much pollution as it took to make a Prius"

And then theres the whole issue of "foreign oil"

Well that is a huge pile of horseshit too. We dont have a dependence on foreign oil, we have enough oil in our country to last us hundreds of years.

But the middle east produces it cheaper, so its not really highly economically viable for us to drill it until they go up in price enough.

Its called supply and demand.

We COULD drill more oil, but it would be a losing venture. Why would you spend money to compete and lose?

we have enough oil in our country to last us.

But the middle east produces it cheaper, so its not really feasible for us to drill it until they go up in price enough.

We COULD drill more oil, why would we spend money to fuck up our environment and scenery when the Middle East is a big pile of sand?

fixed

• Like 1

off topic, but whats the deal with the hydrogen powered vehicles, I know bmw got into it and I thought this would skyrocket as the new fuel, but haven't heard anything on it lately. has anyone heard anything on that?

too expensive to produce hydrogen at the moment.