2014 Datsun "Go" What do you think?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe so. but if it cheapened them it would make them cheaper buy parts for too..

I don't mean money wise. Perhaps diluted would be better. Look at it this way.... you have a unique Datsun automobile that is no longer built. Hell many people don't even know what a Datsun is. You are part of an exclusive enthusiast club with your '81 210 and proud that you have a rare example and people look at it everywhere you drive it.

Then Nissan introduces the 'new' Datsun 210 for 2015 and 80,000 of these plastic electric razor looking things come out and everybody has one. Some kid pulls up beside you at a light and says... 'Hey, I have a Datsun too!!!' Now, how do you feel?

I don't mean money wise. Perhaps diluted would be better. Look at it this way.... you have a unique Datsun automobile that is no longer built. Hell many people don't even know what a Datsun is. You are part of an exclusive enthusiast club with your '81 210 and proud that you have a rare example and people look at it everywhere you drive it.Then Nissan introduces the 'new' Datsun 210 for 2015 and 80,000 of these plastic electric razor looking things come out and everybody has one. Some kid pulls up beside you at a light and says... 'Hey, I have a Datsun too!!!' Now, how do you feel?

He would get punched in the face and I would feel like the datsun name was disrespected.

• Like 3

This is a photoshop thread... who fucking cares about reality. Have you people even looked at previous entries before?! Shit gets ridiculous. 

Um...not. That is elsewhere. 

This was a noob posting a Datto "news" thread. 

Apparently this is what I get for having two tabs open and the same photo being in both... what was I smoking last night  :confused:

• Like 1

I'm just hoping the quality lives up to the Datsun name, and that they make their way back to the U.S.

Not going to happen. Datsun is now an emerging market brand.

"Nismo"-trim models are the new Nissan competitor to Scion. This could have (should have) been Datsun, but that's now the China/India brand. You don't want those cars.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Here's another article.  My dad has a Juke.  However, they make some good points in the articles.  All these vehicles that are failing the small offset crash and doing fine in the full frontal.  The earlier crash video I posted was a full frontal.  I'm betting our older Datsuns wouldn't fair any better in the small offset.  

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/05/06/behind-scenes-americas-most-important-crash-test/

• Like 1