Blue Lake 2014 (30th year)

danfiveten

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you can as I just got that question answered from from the event organizer, Dan Upoff. It's not popular with the park, so just keep it low key and keep the parts off tables. On the ground, in the back of the car/truck, behind what ever...

PS if you are in the NW don't miss this shit. It's been going on every year for 30 years! Longer than most of y'all been around. Tell your friends. Blue Lake park off Marine Drive in Portland, $5 a car load to get in or $15 to register and support the club and you get free food and maybe win some bad ass prizes. It's gonna be a great Datsun day don't miss it. Do it in a DATSUN ! Bring your parts to sell but not tables. Keep it on the down low.

• Like 1

Wagons to the front! See y'all at 930am Sunday in front of Ikea 10280 NE Cascades Pkwy, Portland, OR right off the 205. A little after 10am we will all be following Jawa Huss mofo up Marine Dr to Blue Lake park for the big 30th anniversary of Datsun love. Tell anyone with a Datsun, Nissan or Infinity to show up and fun will be had. Bring your special other and kids for all the more fun. See y'all there! Good times!

So who's fan randomly quit working, car overheated and blew a rad hose just before the bridge over the border......this guy!...

...fucking morons that can't drive and run into each other and cause large amounts if traffic....

....and the one fucking time I didn't bring a gallon of coolant with me...

Hope the car made it off the bridge in one piece. Bummer, but the fact that you posted here must mean things worked out ok.

Not coming to the show on a flatbed I hope.

10 am at Ikea? this puts you into the PDX area around 12:30 the show rolls off at 3 oclock. Think you guys need to get your asses out of bed about three hours earlier.

It will be good to know that you guys will be running sweep.

Hope the car made it off the bridge in one piece. Bummer, but the fact that you posted here must mean things worked out ok.

Not coming to the show on a flatbed I hope.

10 am at Ikea? this puts you into the PDX area around 12:30 the show rolls off at 3 oclock. Think you guys need to get your asses out of bed about three hours earlier.

It will be good to know that you guys will be running sweep.

IKEA is 20 minutes from blue lake, meeting at 10 gets everyone there right when the show starts?

Yeah I made it down here alright, staying in Hillsboro for the night and hitting the show in the morning.

Everyone coming from Washington, there is construction in two places and I ran into a crap load of traffic on the way today. Top off your coolant and maybe leave a little early.

I NEED A VOLUNTEER ... I've got a guy who will be at the Blue Lake show and is willing to give me a 4-speed for my 510. Problem is, I can't make the show. Anyone from Seattle willing to haul back a transmission for me? Thanks, Guy

I can bring it back with me but I wouldn't be able to get it to you until Tuesday at the earliest depending on where you live. 

Anyone in the Vancouver area with a starter? I'm in north Vancouver at the Vancouver Inn & Suites off of 20th/Hwy 99 and my car is not cooperating with me again. I'd been driving it quite a bit over the past few days with no issues and now I'm just getting that flipping click again. It happened first when I stopped at a rest stop but started right up after a few attempts. I'm thinking it's the starter and just want to try another. I should have done it before but such is life.

71 510 with an l20b

There are a lot of things it could be, try tightening the main cable on the starter and the battery.

Will it start with a screwdriver when it won't start with the key?

I hate the rebuilt L starters they sell now days, they only last a couple weeks before they start having issues for me, I have a couple gear reduction starts I am going to give a try the next time I change out the starter.

Anyone in the Vancouver area with a starter? I'm in north Vancouver at the Vancouver Inn & Suites off of 20th/Hwy 99 and my car is not cooperating with me again. I'd been driving it quite a bit over the past few days with no issues and now I'm just getting that flipping click again. It happened first when I stopped at a rest stop but started right up after a few attempts. I'm thinking it's the starter and just want to try another. I should have done it before but such is life.

71 510 with an l20b

Its official, Vancouver hates 510's owned by individuals whose name starts with "T"......

Hey Im in Hillsboro, if you need any help, Im around. Probably not going to blue lake though.

I got a reman starter from O'Reilly and am going to install it tomorrow. At the very worst I can compression start it but hopefully it is the starter. It seems like when it gets hot (like 2+ running at near 4k rpm hot) it gives me more troubles.

Thanks for the offers and suggestions guys!

Starter issues like you describe are either a bad starter, or not enough power to your starter, this can come from an under charged battery, or bad battery cables. I once put new cable ends on my battery cables, and my car would start every time, instead of the click.

Thanks again to everyone that made the 30th year of Blue Lake  a Success.  Thanks again everyone :)

Just got home and man do i hurt.  My pain meds started wearing off the last few hours of the show, sucks when that happens.