Nissan IDx (new 510?)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^I'm curious as to what you guys consider expensive?  Nissan is targeting the FRS in performance, weight and price.... Is $26k more than you'd want to pay for an RWD coupe with a speculated 200hp+ turbo engine?  Who has a better bargain for a brand new car?  I'm curious.

Spoken like a salesman?  I just posted the answers to the questions that many ppl have been asking... If speaking like a salesman means being informative and helpful, thanks... I guess....

When the FRS and Genesis coupe concepts were unveiled, their specs were pretty close to exactly what we got... Although Toyota did trot out with that TRD FT86 concept that never materialized.  Maybe, similarly, we won't ever get the Nismo IDX.  But the FRS was still accepted to critical acclaim.  I just wish the same for the IDX.  The Freeflow still has plenty of potential in my eyes, provided it comes with a capable turbo engine and true manual trans.  If not, I'll join you guys in bashing it and will crush every one I see on the street with impunity in my 240.  Just like I do FRS's.

20k these days is the standard for an entry level RWD car. Remember, Uncle Sam and the Gov have raised prices on everything and will continue to do so. If you don't like then get the fuck out of the USA or shut up and deal with it. I mean seriously, you hate the car, THEN DON'T BUY THE DAM THING! Like I said in my LAST post the designers are building a car to appeal to a gen of car buys, NOT YOU! Proven fact that cars at the turn of 2000 had more computers in them than a fucking F-18 fighter jet. You think they are going to start reducing this and make a car more operator dependent? HELL NO! Why, cus, American's...nuff said. 

Come on people, pretty soon they are going to outlaw the cars we drive and force us into something like this, again why? Because they can. Don't think so, just keep watching and turning your back on Elections and what not.

20k these days is the standard for an entry level RWD car. Remember, Uncle Sam and the Gov have raised prices on everything and will continue to do so. If you don't like then get the fuck out of the USA or shut up and deal with it. I mean seriously, you hate the car, THEN DON'T BUY THE DAM THING! Like I said in my LAST post the designers are building a car to appeal to a gen of car buys, NOT YOU! Proven fact that cars at the turn of 2000 had more computers in them than a fucking F-18 fighter jet. You think they are going to start reducing this and make a car more operator dependent? HELL NO! Why, cus, American's...nuff said. 

Come on people, pretty soon they are going to outlaw the cars we drive and force us into something like this, again why? Because they can. Don't think so, just keep watching and turning your back on Elections and what not.

If that ever happens, I for one, will be going fully Mad Max on the powers that be.  Just sayin'.  I'd bet most of Ratsun is with me on that.  Freedom to choose is as important as America to me.

Proven fact that cars at the turn of 2000 had more computers in them than a fucking F-18 fighter jet.

Proven fact that is simply not even remotely true.

I mean maybe true for like the most advanced car on the road in that time period, but in actuality a 2014 Toyota Corolla is incredibly dumb compared even to the F18.

Umm cash for clunkers would of been the first guess. They dont make money off old cars. They want people spending money on new cars. 

Very true indeed...I cannot being to tell you how many good, nice, running cars and trucks got scrapped because of this program. I don't know about the rest of you but I do know that the US Gov HAS tried to pass bills in the past that was aimed to take older cars, like ours, off the road and off the market but has been knocked back every time thankfully by the people who build, drive and love the cars like we do. Can remember the name of the bill but they tried, many, many times.

Hey Gamez...do you own or even work for toyota? I've worked in a Toyota dealership for 6 years. The corolla may seem to be a dumb car but it has a lot of computers in it. You right tho, but it's not the highest line the car they were comparing back in the day. It was entry level sedans..I mean think about...how many computers, sensors, and software is need for EACH operating system in a car? A lot! Then keep adding new stuff to them and guess, more techie stuff gets stuffed into them.

Hey Gamez...do you own or even work for toyota? I've worked in a Toyota dealership for 6 years. The corolla may seem to be a dumb car but it has a lot of computers in it. You right tho, but it's not the highest line the car they were comparing back in the day. It was entry level sedans..I mean think about...how many computers, sensors, and software is need for EACH operating system in a car? A lot! Then keep adding new stuff to them and guess, more techie stuff gets stuffed into them.

No, what does that have to do with anything? All I was saying is that an F18 fighter jet is more advanced.

However I am extremely well versed in engine management systems and car computer systems and wiring. And let me tell you, there are not that many computers in the car, my 2002 is pretty advanced and it only has maybe 5 very stupid computers on board at best. 1 ECU, 1 BCU, 1 Multiplexor, an SRS system, and the ABS. the only one out of all those with any complexity is the ECU, and even then, most of the programming is for emissions related components that are not actually neccessary for real world operation.

Cars are not as smart as everyone makes them out to be, Your car doesnt target the cars around it and tell you when one is coming at you at stupid speed not braking. Some of them will hit the breaks, but they arent gonna save your life

The F28 on the other hand....

And your talking lines of code, the F18 still has more computer systems, and they are all proprietary.

Lines of code is not a good comparison, the servers that run things on the internet hav trillions of lines of code, that doesnt make them able to think and plot solutions to problems.

• Like 1

like i said pages back i woulda been happy with a rear wheel drive sentra at this point

Since Nissan purged all references to the 410s and 411s from their maintenence software, when I bring my RL411 in for anything the dealer has to log me in as a "1967 Sentra" for the paperwork to be generated by the software. So Nissan seems to believe that there is at least one RWD Sentra in the world.

Actually a 1967 Altima would have been "more correct" since the first generation Altima was a dolled up version of the then year JDM Bluebird and the 411s were Bluebirds.

The first time the dealer used the new software, the paperwork printed out that I had a Volkswagon Variant! Strange that a 1967 VW was in the Nissan system and a 1967 Datsun wasn't.

• Like 1

Since Nissan purged all references to the 410s and 411s from their maintenence software, when I bring my RL411 in for anything the dealer has to log me in as a "1967 Sentra" for the paperwork to be generated by the software.

Why would they do that?

Oh wait nevermind,

Because France.

• Like 1

i agree the 411 is more of altima vibe.....oh and when i say rwd sentra, like a1993 -96 one,  not that easter egg they been selling too

Easter egg with a 2.5l motor built in Tennessee which puts out less hp than a 2.0l Honda K series, and blows up around 70-150k miles because they machined the oil clearances too small.

I almost bought one, thank god I dodged that bullet.

That is ridiculous. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I have loved Nissan for longer than any other car company in my life. The first car I dreamed about was a S30.

But the way Nissan has been to its customers and as a company in the last 15+ years has made me more a hardcore Honda person.

I am sorry, and I in no way mean this as a "Nissan vs Honda bashing" because I will always ALWAYS love Nissan more than Honda. But respect? I have very little patience and respect left for Nissan in this day and age.

NIssan as a company doesnt frankly care about their customers anymore. There is virtually no factory racing support since the French took over. Its gross. Nissan is building cars closer to Toyota than they are BMW, and that is the opposite of the model they set out with 40 some years ago, the sales/marketing model people like us fell in love with.

They cant even stick with a basic methodology on specific car marques. The Maxima was an awesome car, all the way up to the 4th generation, WTF happened? The new maxima is gigantic, and looks like a Buick. The Sentra? it went from looking incredibly Japanese, to something that looks like Renault designed it entirely ( I think they did actually) and with a french quality interior to match!!. I worked on a Altima the other day. It made me embarrassed to be a Nissan person. The interior was lower quality than a chevy cavalier. What happened to our Nissan?

It hurts to watch honestly.