datsun 620 hayabusa swap

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this reading and no oics?

And not all comments were negative or aggressive towards you, I personally say go for it, would be an I teresting project.

Don't feed the trolls, the two you've hard issues with do thus in EVERY thread they have posted in do don't take it personal. This is Ratsun, fuckin lighten up

fwiw 2jz or any jz motor is the new drift boy fan motor replacing the sr 's......not accusing anyone of being fanboy just tired of the im gonna 2jz it!!!!   u know why custom car building is on the decline ... no one dares to be different anymore ... a 620 with a hyabusa seems different to me ...I like it ......so lets just chill on the fanboy shit ... we all know captain games builds the best of everything and everyone elses ideas suck are aren't good enough...that's no suprise to us ...u can tell when his x box is broke he is on here hating up everyoines thread lol...

• Like 1

And the IAT IS A PROBLEM ON EVERY L SERIES MOTOR just because your iat sensor on your intercooler pipe reads ambient doesnt mean it isnt being superheated right at the intake runners thats what makes makes the motor produce bad hp numbers aside from the fact that the head flows less than my lawnmower

fwiw 2jz or any jz motor is the new drift boy fan motor replacing the sr 's......not accusing anyone of being fanboy just tired of the im gonna 2jz it!!!!   u know why custom car building is on the decline ... no one dares to be different anymore ... a 620 with a hyabusa seems different to me ...I like it ......so lets just chill on the fanboy shit ... we all know captain games builds the best of everything and everyone elses ideas suck are aren't good enough...that's no suprise to us ...u can tell when his x box is broke he is on here hating up everyoines thread lol...

Well I try, But Im a PS3 person.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No honestly though I am just sharing my knowledge on the subject here. There are a lot of people on this site, and who I know in my life that build way better stuff than me. I have pretty high aspirations though.

Plus I said the coolest thing to do here would be Hyabusa v8, its still a Hyabusa motor. :rofl:

PS I have a huge soft spot for first gen Busas.

Lol yea. 2jz are just so easy to make fast and their reliable and easy to get parts for and cheap so what is not to love im torn between both engines i just wanted to know the weight of the 510 so i could crunch numbers to see what is needed to make the setup driveable

There's a guy on here that has put a 2JZ in a 510 wagon. I don't remember if it had twins or not

I would not try to discourage you from building anything. It's your vision, not ours. Just because we cant see it, doesn't make it a bad idea. 

Or maybe if you do build it, and strip a 620 to the bone you will sell me some parts I need. Win win.

There is an old saying in racing. In order to finish first, first you must finish.

To me a good motor is one that stays together. The old Chrysler slant six made 127 hp, weighed a ton, and was unstoppable. Wrecking yard owners hated them because they never sold. No one ever needed to replace one. 

Datsun holds more SCCA road racing championships than any other car company. Mostly because of the Z car. Not comparing dyno slips. Actual real competition. Even if the air had to make a Uturn in the head. They were still out in front. All day every day.  

I wouldn't know a 2jz from a rb from a g63b what ever. It's not my thing. I have that 4 valve, dohc, fi crap sitting in my driveway and I feel nothing. Too old I guess.  

Get that thing home and start cutting. I need some parts.

As I said, I dislike LS1 engine swaps, because of the comonality. But I would rather see someone shoehorn a v8 into this than YET ANOTHER 2JZ.

The OP seems to be all about cheap reliable power, so honestly the most sensible option for him would be an LS small block. end of story, plus it would probably fit no cut, making this a win win. On top of all that its lighter than a 2jz from what I have been told. Never seen em on a scale next to eachother though.

Well after all this noise, if you are serious just do it and make it work.

As I  (and others) have posted earlier in this excessively long thread... motorcycle engines have been made to work in [very] light body cars before.  Not like you are firing a rocket to Mars... Go for it, break something if you have to and then fix it.

As I said, I dislike LS1 engine swaps, because of the comonality. But I would rather see someone shoehorn a v8 into this than YET ANOTHER 2JZ.

The OP seems to be all about cheap reliable power, so honestly the most sensible option for him would be an LS small block. end of story, plus it would probably fit no cut, making this a win win. On top of all that its lighter than a 2jz from what I have been told. Never seen em on a scale next to eachother though.

the LS swap, i think, is more common over here. i like 2JZ swaps better than LS swap because i hate chevys lol

Ment to say weight of the 620

Even a 620... just lighten it up by whatever means possible.  Pull the door glass and regulators, have the frame acid dipped and  put  a flatbed on it made out of foam core and single layer of fiberglass.   Get some of the smallest & lightest wheels and tires that you can put on the truck.   After all... money, comfort and practicality are not  issues here, right ?    :)

• Like 1

the LS swap, i think, is more common over here. i like 2JZ swaps better than LS swap because i hate chevys lol

your teen tween drifter nap daddy ...so expected u would dig a 2 jz.....i had a customer that has a s2000 and he came in bragging about a turbo 2 jz in it .... he got pissed cause u was like why .......i said i bet u spend more time telling people why u put a toyota motor in a honda then telling them about the motor and the mods... he eventually said yes.......i said sorry just tired of the whole 2 jz in anything and everything ......im kinda wierd that way .......i think the dumbest custom car ever built is a 32 high boy roadster with a sbc and turbo 350.....its just dumb.......and watching everyone clamour over 2 jzs now and sr's are kinda passe'....it bores me to see the whole following just get so zoned in on one direction......thats the problem inthat community and why it will burn out .... they get something as a trend then they all butt hump it to death .......then everyones afraid to step out of the box for fear of mass rejection of the hipsters since there not inthe jz club......do it hyabusa it .....fuck it if it dont work cahnge it ...just dont put a motor that wont fit ......shit vq it..........

• Like 2

your teen tween drifter nap daddy ...so expected u would dig a 2 jz.....i had a customer that has a s2000 and he came in bragging about a turbo 2 jz in it .... he got pissed cause u was like why .......i said i bet u spend more time telling people why u put a toyota motor in a honda then telling them about the motor and the mods... he eventually said yes.......i said sorry just tired of the whole 2 jz in anything and everything ......im kinda wierd that way .......i think the dumbest custom car ever built is a 32 high boy roadster with a sbc and turbo 350.....its just dumb.......and watching everyone clamour over 2 jzs now and sr's are kinda passe'....it bores me to see the whole following just get so zoned in on one direction......thats the problem inthat community and why it will burn out .... they get something as a trend then they all butt hump it to death .......then everyones afraid to step out of the box for fear of mass rejection of the hipsters since there not inthe jz club......do it hyabusa it .....fuck it if it dont work cahnge it ...just dont put a motor that wont fit ......shit vq it..........

Yeah, 350 in a 32 is the gheyest thing